ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax - new bios info needed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax - new bios info needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ax - new bios info needed
    Posted: 08 Sep 2020 at 4:03am
hello...

have anyone that has installed the latest bios 1.20 can tell me if the option to set pcie gen is on it...

don't want to upgrade from the beta one i'm using without knowing...got issues with the riser cable from nzxt h1 and 5700 xt

Thanks
mojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 10:12pm
I've done the update to 1.2 on my B550 Phantom ITX Gaming board, but NO I still don't see a setting to change to PCIE 3.0.

Seems we are trying to do the same thing, hopefully someone can help advise how to change the PCIE to 3.0 on the B550 mobo, thank you.
edgeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 11:22pm
i got a special/beta bios version 1.05A from asrock with the option enabled

BIOS > Advanced > AMD PBS > PCIe x16 Bus Interface (Auto/Gen1/Gen2/Gen3/Gen4)

my PC is unusable without it...annoying also that i cant overclock my memory to full specs and it is a bios issue(tested on another system)...maybe it is fixed on the latest version but cant flash it without the "PCIe x16 Bus Interface" option
mojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 11:25pm
Can you please advise if this special bios is only available to you or can others like me obtain it? Thank you
edgeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 3:15am
No it is from asrock support...i guess you can bug them for it or ver. 1.20 version with it...i'll do that in a while probably

here is my version

https://app.box.com/s/yqi9t15yrz5xmlc0jlazhp2ttgboc3kk
mojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:19pm
hey thanks for sharing

Asrock just replied to me with a 1.05 bios as well, but i noticed that your file name has an "A" in it. Mine is B55PITX1.05

If you're interested I can share it too, thanks.
mojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 2:22pm
nevermind, once i've unzipped it, name and file size are identical

other than the issues you mentioned in your first response, anything other issues/concerns that you could share pls?

thank you!
mojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 9:28pm
For anyone with same problem, the 1.05 bios provides the option to downgrade to pcie gen 3.0, which fixes the compatibility issue with using a riser cable (the cable is 3.0 also).

I did not notice any performance degradation going gen 3.0 or using a riser cable.
edgeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 9:47pm
haven't found any problem apart from memory errors at full specks

i have a 16gb kit 2x8 gskill 3600 cl16...pc randomly reboots and crashes with the xmp profile or with the timings set manually with DRAM Calculator for Ryzen...got tired after 3 days...have not tried to go beyond 3600

managed to find a couple of stable manual profiles at 3400 and 3200 cl14...got the 3400 profile active now without any errors

Also i managed to overclock the Ryzen 5 3600 nicely but the thermals on the case were not great...too much ambient heat where i live

In the end i just left the default Precision Boost from the mobo thats actually really good and fits my needs...i read on a review by kitguru that the boost is better than it should because of sensor errors that makes the the CPU run with more voltage...maybe that will change in future bios versions...we'll see
mojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 2:36pm
thanks, will let you know if I come across any issues

so far my ram is manually set at 3200mhz which is the advertised speed, no issues so far

i will tweak my Ryzen 3600 later as well, hopefully won't run into any issues either
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic