ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with 990fx Extreme9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 2:01pm
Sorry. It's 1am local here.

Just switched .........

As in simply moved you hard drive from the old MB(?) to the 990FX?
Username99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 2:15pm
All 3 harddrives, I literally just took out the old MB and put in my new 990fx. Every component is the same but the motherboard.

Do you think I should reinstall windows 8 and then upgrade to windows 10 again?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 2:16pm
And sorry if I am rushing a bit. I sort of got this motherboard last year and just got it fixed. It has been a long journey.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 3:05pm
Um yea. A fresh OS install is in order.

Do the OS install with only the drive you want Windows installed to connected. Then afterwards you're safe to reconnect the remainders.

I'm turning in for the night so won't see any updates till morning. Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 9:31am
I have been trying to downgrade to windows 8 for a bit now, no luck. When running the installation disk at boot up it told me to go start my computer normally and run the disk in windows. When running the disk in windows it says "Setup has failed to determine supported installation locations"
I am going to try a custom windows installation from bootup.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 9:41am
I figured out my problem. All of my disks where "MRB" and I need a "GUID"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 9:51am
Apparrently I did not figure out my problem...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 1:33pm
Anybody have any ideas?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 2:30pm
Do you have an OS install disk that you can do a fresh install with? Do you have all your User data backed up to a different drive?

Disconnect all the other drives EXCEPT the one you want Windows to install to.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Username99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 6:52am
I have finally set it up to where my pc has windows 8 (freshly loaded). i am not installing any of my older files from my other HDD till I have my wireless internet adapter working. Which is still is not. I am going to put my gpu into the other 16x slot and see if it will work now. I still have my pcie x1 in my 16x and it is not working still.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic