ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock K7S41GX issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock K7S41GX issues
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:07pm

**Off topic threads were moved to Tech Support section by ASRock_Official, original post**

I also had the sound problem before. 
Do you know how to repair it myself?
What is the most possible problem?
I got solder and soldering iron. Some capacitors are also delivering to me(for another mainboard)

Edited by ASRock_Official - 21 May 2015 at 6:21pm
johnliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:10pm
This system will shut down automatically after using a period of time. 
How could I fix it and what is the cause?
johnliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:48am
What is the fastest CPU that this board can support?
johnliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 9:51am
I found that the temperature of the CPU is very high and it often trigger a relatively low temperature protection function of the board which cause it to be switched off automatically. Is there any way to modify the protection temperature or make my CPU cooler?
Edwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 11:14am
Heat issue from CPU!!! K7 CPU is famously HOT, the problem you had is all related to it, get a better cooler if you canSmile
johnliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:11am
Thanks for your advice, I have already brought the largest heat sink in the shopping mall when I bought this PC many years ago. I also has a large Pentium 4 heat sink but it doesn't fit on socket A.
This board's auto protection temperature is about 80C, if I remember it correctly. I found it by checking the CPU temperature in the HWMonitor software. Once it raise to this temperature, it will shut down automatically.
I have also install a case fan trying to lower the temperature.
I found that it would be better to open the case cover during operation. However, I don't like the case cover always be opened.
johnliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:23am
I also has another problem with it. 
Once the 2 x 512MB DDR400 RAM are removed, I have to re-install both of them for about 30 times before it can recognize all of them.
Even if one of the RAM works, after I re-install another not recognized RAM, then removed the not recognized RAM, the RAM that was work also fail to be recognized. Then computer bee, bee, bee after switching on with black screen since it thinks that no RAM is installed.
What is the problem?
How can I check the problem on the board?
How can I repair it myself? I got soldering iron+capacitors+multi-meter.
johnliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:25am
The PCI modem/sound card/TV card also has the some problem on it.  I have to re-install them for about 10-20 times before it can recognize them.
What is the problem?
How to check the problem on the board?
How can I repair it myself? I got soldering iron+capacitors+multi-meter.
johnliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 12:44pm
One of the hole and the pin inside in the power input socket on this board is darkened. 
What would it affect?
How to repair it myself?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by johnliu johnliu wrote:

One of the hole and the pin inside in the power input socket on this board is darkened. 
What would it affect?
How to repair it myself?

The automatic shutdown of a PC due to high temperatures is caused either by the CPU itself shutting down from its own over temperature protection, or a mother board detecting an over temperature situation which also shuts off the PC.

Both of these safety features should not be ignored or set to higher temperatures, even if that was possible. Every processor type has its own temperature limits. If some processors have higher maximum temperatures, that does not mean they all do, or that we can assign higher maximum shut off temperatures to any processor.

When you said power input socket, you mean the CPU socket itself, right? If any of the holes for the CPU pins is darkened, that means there was burning and heat damage from a very high VCore voltage or high processor temperature.

There are several possible affects of this happening. The CPU pin contact in the hole is probably damaged, and if that pin provides power to the processor, it either won't provide as much power, or won't provide any power at all. If that pin is a data connection of some kind, it might cause the processor to not work correctly, or not work at all.

The only thing you can do is try to clean that connection, but other parts of it you can't see are probably damaged. You can't replace connections in a CPU socket, or replace the socket yourself. A soldering iron is not used to build mother boards, all soldering is done with special machines.

It would be hard to find a place that could replace the CPU socket, which may not even be possible. If it could be done, the price for the fix would be almost as much as buying the board.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic