ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nahimic driver outdated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacednow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 6:16pm
I have a B550 and just recently finished fighting the audio problems. What I finally did was install realteck driver and then update. Still no sound. Then I reran Nahimic install and updated it to the latest version. Then FINALLY figured the thing out. I only have 1 set of speakers - but if you open enable 7.1 and then go to the speaker setup and run test - then the sound comes thru. I left it enabled AND disabled all the other speakers, leaving just the main enabled. It works now. I guessing it doesn't use jack sensing. Whatever, IDK - just glad I finally have sound. Did the same on win 10 and 11 and works on both now. Oddly it took very little effort to get the speaker working in windows 7.
The more you learn the less you know.
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by spacednow spacednow wrote:

I have a B550 and just recently finished fighting the audio problems. What I finally did was install realteck driver and then update. Still no sound. Then I reran Nahimic install and updated it to the latest version. Then FINALLY figured the thing out. I only have 1 set of speakers - but if you open enable 7.1 and then go to the speaker setup and run test - then the sound comes thru. I left it enabled AND disabled all the other speakers, leaving just the main enabled. It works now. I guessing it doesn't use jack sensing. Whatever, IDK - just glad I finally have sound. Did the same on win 10 and 11 and works on both now. Oddly it took very little effort to get the speaker working in windows 7.

I stopped messing with that Nahimic crap months ago on my Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 MB and run the latest Realtek audio and software component drivers on my 2.1 speakers. I have them set to stereo in the Realtek Audio Console. Sound is great.

Here are the links to the latest driver.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.9268.1

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=11.0.6000.986

And if you would like to try pal1000's Realtek drivers here's the link. You can also download and install the latest Realtek Audio Control Console 1.32.261 from there.
https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic/releases/tag/6.0.9282.1
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2022 at 10:58pm

Forgot to add that I also have them set to Stereo in Control Panel-Sound-Spekers-Configure. You can also access this in Settings-System-Sound.
spacednow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spacednow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2022 at 12:38am
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Still working as I had it on windows 11, but on 10 I had to roll back the driver. It worked but now win 10 won't shut down. It'll restart just fine but if you select shutdown the screen freaks out like a bad video driver. I messed with it and no change, but rolling back the audio everything works - except the sound.
The more you learn the less you know.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2022 at 10:45pm
Instead of me posting the most current Realtek audio drivers and software components here from MUC, for future reference, go here to get them: https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/182081-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-3-a-40.html
Dalton2710 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalton2710 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 11:20am

Thanks a lot! I figured it out how to have sound back thanks to ur way.
I had some audio issue after the nahimic was updated. But now my audio works again
noelman8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noelman8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 1:53am
from this reddit site

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nahimic/comments/umyrdj/how_to_fix_nahimic_application_has_failed_to/

there's a link to the ASRock APO3 file package (although it has APO3 SWC 3.5.0.0 driver, it also has v1.2.2.0 of the A-volute "Extension" driver that does have the necessary "Vendor ID" entries that should make it work for newer versions of the Nahimic UWP app) - get that ASRock-NahimicRestoreTool-APO3-SWCv3.5.0.0-EXTv1.2.2.0.exe file, save it, run it and reboot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic