ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error: "System Failed To Boot Several Times"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomarush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error: "System Failed To Boot Several Times"
    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:05pm
Hello,

I was hoping I could get some support on an error I am receiving.

Basically if I walk away from my computer, and it goes into sleep mode, it won't wake up. Instead I have to hard reset it, then I get the following message.

"The system failed to boor several times before. You may press F2 or DEL to enter SETUP to reconfigure your system Or UEFI will continue to boot after X seconds."

If I allow it to continue to boot, everything boots up and seems to work fine. This just started happening.

The only two recent changes to my system were I added 32gb of additional RAM and I updated the system with the new

Here is the complete system and hardware I am running...

[URL=https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tomarush/saved/#view=WzJBZL]My Build[/URL]

The motherboard, just to make it easier to find is: AsRock X299 Taichi XE ATX LGA2066.

I am hoping to get some help on this error.
tomarush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomarush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:18pm
Not sure if the link will work but I updated it, so just in case here it is
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Tomarush/saved/WzJBZL
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
Dear Tomarush,

Thanks for posting.

Memory compatibility might be the cause of instability system.

Try to install only one RAM or remove the new RAM and try to see if the message can be avoided.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 05 Oct 2020 at 5:18pm
danielsantiago-br View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielsantiago-br Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 10:17pm
Hello, I have the case exactly the same, and the memory is in the compatibility list, some other way to solve.?
MIKE MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 10:58pm
Hi!

About a minute goes by when the screen is black and the red diode on the motherboard is lit (near the power input to the board), then the text appears : "The system failed to boor several times before. You may press F2 or DEL to enter SETUP to reconfigure your system Or UEFI will continue to boot after X seconds."                                                       
And only then the normal booting takes place.
The system is new.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MIKE_MC606/saved/#view=KPvV4D

MIKE MC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE MC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 7:08pm
Solved :

The solution is to move the memory modules to priority slots 2 and 4 ( in my case - instead of 1 and 3)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2023 at 1:40am
RAM should always be in slots A2, A2 and B2 or all 4 slots. It's been the like this
for quite a while now. A large number of the RAM related issues we see here on the
forums have been because of the wrong slots being populated. For some reason modern
CPUs don't like slots A1 and B1 being used exclusively. The only explanation I have
ever found is "slots A2 and B2 are the preferred slots" and that they are "optimized
for performance". I suspect it may also have to do with heat, slots A2 and B2
are further from the CPU and it's cooler.
gusmisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusmisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 8:28pm
Hi,

i have the same problem with my asrok z690 steel legend. when the computer boots up, it restarts 2-6 times, after which a black screen appears with the inscription "the system failed to boot several times before". can anyone help? please, the system is new (win 11), and the memory is kingston fury 3600 MHz, also a new cougar power supply
Sincerely
Mike!
gusmisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusmisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by gusmisha gusmisha wrote:

Hi,

i have the same problem with my asrok z690 steel legend. when the computer boots up, it restarts 2-6 times, after which a black screen appears with the inscription "the system failed to boot several times before". can anyone help? please, the system is new (win 11), and the memory is kingston fury 3600 MHz, also a new cougar power supply

upd: RAM in slots A2, B2
Sincerely
Mike!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic