ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

"HexBox" ITX i7 Campaign Entry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by zzWizards_Realmzz zzWizards_Realmzz wrote:

Hey there LOL
I just meant the 5820K isn't too much more expensive than the 4790K...but it definitely has some real grunt, if you will.  I think the price difference is less than $100.

Yeah, not trying to flame you, I just get tired of hearing people say that 2011 is no real advantage over 1150...it is...or it wouldn't existConfused

But you bring up a good point, the 2011 is definitely designed for a performance priority build...

I don't know of any way to get more processing power into ITX which is why I've been following this board with interest lately...just seems like a cool idea really
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Intel i5 - 4690K @ 4.5ghz
Stable Overclock
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 10:47am
I was looking for an ITX motherboard for 1366 last time I built a computer but the closest thing I could find was a proprietary Shuttle setup at a really high price.  I'm really glad ASRock came through this time around with a genuine power motherboard for tiny computers.  I'm not sure 2011 really has a practical advantage for my everyday use but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
ASRock X99E-ITX/ac | Intel i7-5820K | ASUS GTX 970 mini | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Crucial Ballistix (2x8GB) | Corsair CX600M | CoolerMaster Seidon 120V | CoolerMaster Elite 110 | Windows 10 64-bit
Illegalseagull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Illegalseagull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Jon Jon wrote:

I was looking for an ITX motherboard for 1366 last time I built a computer but the closest thing I could find was a proprietary Shuttle setup at a really high price.  I'm really glad ASRock came through this time around with a genuine power motherboard for tiny computers.  I'm not sure 2011 really has a practical advantage for my everyday use but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I remember the Shuttles!!  

*facepalm*

I think the board you have here looks like a MUCH better option.  The Nehalem processors were freaking spaceheaters...
ASROCK Z97M OC Formula
Intel i5 - 4690K @ 4.5ghz
Stable Overclock
xxx420BlazeItxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx420BlazeItxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:04am
Hey why did you call this a hexbox. This is a computer right? Can you run xbox stuff with it and can you teach me? I want to use the z97m which is a micro board.
Your never going to see what you can't become unless you stop and try to achieve it
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:07am
Originally posted by xxx420BlazeItxxx xxx420BlazeItxxx wrote:

Hey why did you call this a hexbox. This is a computer right? Can you run xbox stuff with it and can you teach me? I want to use the z97m which is a micro board.

No, sadly no Xbox stuff here.  Maybe when Windows 10 comes out -- I'm looking forward to that, currently on Win7 64-bit.  It's the HexBox because I have/like the Xboxes...and also because it's a HEXacore CPU!  Haha!  My last computer was a dual-core so the jump up to hexacore is a pretty big deal for me.  It's got more threads than simple guy like me knows what to do with.  I don't know much about that motherboard but all of the ASRock mobos I have looked at seem to have good features so you can get Win10 on there and get the upcoming Windows-Xbox integration that Microsoft has been working on.
ASRock X99E-ITX/ac | Intel i7-5820K | ASUS GTX 970 mini | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Crucial Ballistix (2x8GB) | Corsair CX600M | CoolerMaster Seidon 120V | CoolerMaster Elite 110 | Windows 10 64-bit
xxx420BlazeItxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxx420BlazeItxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:15am
Cool I run XP but maybe I can do that when I build a new system...so excited

I want to play Halo on my computer and the xbox at the same time!! Maybe with a hexcore it is possible

Is hexcore or octocore thebest
Your never going to see what you can't become unless you stop and try to achieve it
Jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 11:18am
I loved Halo...Halo 1 and 3, anyway.  I'm sure the computer could do it if they release the game for PC.

Octocore is definitely better but the 5960X costs about three times as much as the 5820K so that was a non-starter for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic