ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Found Windows 10 Driver Samsung 950 Pro NVMe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrock H170 Pro4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found Windows 10 Driver Samsung 950 Pro NVMe
    Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 6:25am

For those who have not found a Windows 10 Driver for the Samsung 950 Pro NVMe

Samsung NVMe Driver Installer

The software for this "950 PRO NVMe Driver Installation" only supports the Samsung NVMe SSD 950 PRO.

OS

Software Windows OS  Version 1.1 (1.43MB)  (Eng) (581KB) 

* Notice : The driver operates in Windows 7/8.1/10 x86/x64.
Driver Version 1.4.7.17
Dated 12/11/2015

I found this from a Samsung German website. I installed it in Windows 10 Pro and it seems to work just fine and is listed as the Samsung driver and control panel/device manager etc. replaces standard Windows 10 Pro NVMe driver.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/de/html/pc/support.html

Seemed to slightly improve read/write speeds when I tested it in Samsung Magician Software.
I couldn't find it on the Samsung USA website.

Use it at your own discretion.

Cheers, Joseph

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 6:35am
Thanks for the link and info Joseph Thumbs Up
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Asrock H170 Pro4 Asrock H170 Pro4 wrote:

For those who have not found a Windows 10 Driver for the Samsung 950 Pro NVMe

Samsung NVMe Driver Installer

The software for this "950 PRO NVMe Driver Installation" only supports the Samsung NVMe SSD 950 PRO.

OS

Software Windows OS  Version 1.1 (1.43MB)  (Eng) (581KB) 

* Notice : The driver operates in Windows 7/8.1/10 x86/x64.
Driver Version 1.4.7.17
Dated 12/11/2015

I found this from a Samsung German website. I installed it in Windows 10 Pro and it seems to work just fine and is listed as the Samsung driver and control panel/device manager etc. replaces standard Windows 10 Pro NVMe driver.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/de/html/pc/support.html

Seemed to slightly improve read/write speeds when I tested it in Samsung Magician Software.
I couldn't find it on the Samsung USA website.

Use it at your own discretion.

Cheers, Joseph

Sorry to say, this Samsung NVMe driver from the German Samsung website is identical to the Samsung NMVe driver available from the Samsung USA (Global) website.

This is a new version of the Samsung NVMe driver. That was pointed out by DooRules not long ago in this thread:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1663&title=new-samsung-nvme-driver-released

Scroll down on this page to find the Samsung NVMe driver.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

It is true this is a new version of the Samsung NVMe driver, which I am not sure yet if it truly is an improvement in benchmark performance or not. I've been using it since 1/5/2016, version 1.4.7.17.

The previous and original version of the Samsung NVMe driver, Revision 1.0, version 1.4.7.16, has a date of 11/5/2015.

The new version is also not an "F6" style driver for loading during a Windows installation, so nothing new for Windows 7 users.

Windows 10 and 8.1 have a native Microsoft NVMe driver, that is known to have write performance problems when used with the 950 Pro. So Windows 8.1 and 10 can be installed on the 950 Pro without loading a driver, although as I recall it seemed to take longer than my AHCI SM951 did installing Windows 10. After the Windows 8.1 or 10 installation is complete, the Samsung NVMe driver may then be installed.

Intel's NVMe driver package includes both the "F6" style files for use with Windows 7, and a standard Windows installation program, using those driver files. The Intel NMVe driver does not work with the 950 Pro, and vice versa. 

The Intel 750 does not require the owner to install the Intel NVMe driver during the Windows installation, it can also use the MSoft NVMe driver initially.
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 10:11pm
Samsung Magician 4.9.5 is out now. For some reason samsung is limiting downloads on its page. You can google it and download elsewhere. Tongue

I am not home so no idea what it has for the 950 yet.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 11:15pm
I wonder if Samsung decided to give the SM951 some respect in Magician? Wink

Hopefully Magician version 4.9.5 does not add (C)RAPID mode to the 950 Pro. I'm SO sick of looking at benchmarks of people's RAM that pretends to be a SSD. Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic