ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD FM2A88XExtreme6+ Sound??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
306bobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 306bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 3:56pm
Yep. So any way to fix that or do I need to buy a sound card?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 3:47pm
It sounds like the built in headphone amplifier may have been damaged by the discharge you mentioned. It is located directly above the PCIe 2 slot so very likely what the charge grounded to. 

I assume your speakers are amplified and the audio level coming from the board is very low and requires the speaker volume all the way up as well as windows volume?
306bobby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 306bobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 3:04pm
Hey there.
I am having a problem with the Purity Sound on this motherboard. The problem is that the sound is very quiet and I have to have Windows 10's volume all the way up in order just to hear it. I have tried multiple speakers, so I know it is not that. I dont know if this was bad, but when installing the graphics card, there was an electricity discharge on the mobo, directly where the Purity Sound is located.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic