ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x99 extreme 6 code b0 (or 60)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 5:37am
Glad to see you got it up and running Thumbs Up
Oz666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 9:43pm
After a few crashes, it now seems to be stable at 3625 - cores and cache, memory at 3000, 100% cpu load. I will let it burn in there for a day or two while I read the OC threads and search for the best completely stable performance point.
BTW, running about 62ÂșC on air- it should make my customer happy, it's in a thermatake core v71 case and I'm jealous.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 11:27pm
Glad you have it running well now.

DDR4 is new, so I'm not surprised a few bugs with it are being found.

Still, given the few platforms that can use DDR4, I'm surprised there are enough differences in the memory designs that UEFI/BIOS updates are needed.

My experience with DDR4 has been fine so far. I've mixed two kits of (the same model) Crucial DDR4 memory on my ASRock X99 board, and they work fine and OC decently too.

The G.SKILL Trident Z 3200 I use on my Z170 Extreme7+ board ran perfect with its XMP2 settings, and OC'd to 3600 on stock voltages.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 11:42pm
I think the issue comes from the fact that we have somewhat of a generational jump in DDR4. When it hit the market initially you needed an X99 board to run it and it remained restricted to that platform till Skylake hit. Up till Skylake all kits were designed for enthusiast boards but when a consumer grade product line hit the market suddenly they needed to make it more affordable. I still see DDR4 on some eStores here going for up to $400 US for a 4x4gb kit, obviously older stock but then you see a kit 2x8gb kit close to 1000mhz faster for a quarter the price. While supply and demand certainly play a role I am fairly certain there have been some physical changes and tweaks made to improve production efficiency and allow for higher clocks. Add to that that kits build for Skylake systems do not need to be tested in quad channel and it starts to become clearer where these issues could stem from.

Just my 2c Wink
Oz666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oz666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 6:46am
You are both quite likely correct - and I was whining a bit, mostly caused by not have a box full (or in fact any) spare memory or other parts like I am used to. Like back in the dark ages when I only had one computer so if I broke something I had to go to a friends house to dl a patch or a program or a driver - with a modem! Ha! I'm so old that I fart dust.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Oz666 Oz666 wrote:

I'm so old that I fart dust.

Easy there Pops.

All we are is dust in the wind.

I was 19 when those words made it onto vinyl. That ought'a confuse the kiddies amongst us.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 7:34am
I saw Ozzie at at the smallish Wings Stadium in Kalamazoo.

That's the date and venue Ozzie and Sharon became engaged to each other.

https://twitter.com/MrsSOsbourne/status/655043432985989120/photo/1

Edited to add a long ago pic of Oz and Sharon.

Edited by wardog - 13 Jan 2016 at 7:37am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

All we are is dust in the wind.

Hehe, nice try and thanks, now I have the song stuck in my head Tongue

Kansas, what an awesome band Cool

@Oz666

I hope all is well with the build now Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic