ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 with P67 Extreme6 RevB2 - BSODs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smuchen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:54am
Looks like same problem happens with all P67 chipsets motherboards. Same issue on my AsRock P67 PRO3 SE and also didn't find a solution. But it all started, when I bought sh*ttiest Zalman VE350 external hard drive. Before that, there was not such a problem, but also something obv broke in my motherboard, cuz it wont start with the CMOS battery now. Could it be actual BIOS problem?
smuchen
Angilas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angilas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:20pm
Hello all..

Same Problem here with a Asrock Fatal1ty P67 Professional
Windows do not run after 2004 Version only Bluesreens get not usetable

I have try all no way.

Looks Windows 10 have make here a big Error in the new Core ans much p67 Board get same Problem

Windows 10 only works fine to Version 1909

Any have contact ASRock Support or Microsoft ?
Angilas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angilas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:23pm
I forget to say Windows 20H1 and 20H2 same not work only Bluescreens get
pauljva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauljva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 8:45am
I had this problem and my minidump showed cfosspeed6.sys was the problem. I uninstalled the Asrock XFast LAN utility and my problem seems to have gone away.

Asrock P67 Extreme6 with i7-2600K, bios P1.60
Clean Windows 10 Home x64 install, March 15 2021

welshypie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshypie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:24am
I have a similar problem, and will attempt to detail as much as possible here:

HARDWARE
P67 Extreme4 - P1.60
i5-2500K
Samsung 850 EVO (original, still running Win10 1909)
Samsung 860 EVO (new, attempting clean install of Win10 20H2)
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10B)
GTX 960
Corsair TX750 PSU

SOFTWARE
Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (10.0.18363) (This is what I'm currently using that doesn't bluescreen)
BIOS settings: Drives in IDE mode on 1909, attempted AHCI on 20H2 (explained below), no overclocks, mostly or entirely default config.

HISTORY
Originally built in the summer of 2011 with a disk instead of SSD. Upgraded to 850 EVO SSD originally and eventually upgraded to Windows 10, but remained on IDE mode because of problems switching to AHCI mode (may have been my own misconfiguration in the past).

For the past few years in Win10 I have had the CPU utilization bug (pictured):

In 2020, I decided to purchase a new SSD (860 EVO) and attempt AHCI again, this time with a clean install of Win10. However, I would get unpredictable reboots and/or bluescreens on the system after installing and logging in. Can't remember the error anymore. Ditched this attempt for awhile and remained on Win10 1909 with my previous configuration (850 EVO), which is stable and doesn't bluescreen on me.

In 2021, I repeated this previous attempt at a clean install on the 860 EVO with AHCI, this time using Win10 20H2. After the initial install process, after the first reboot while configuring the system, windows bluescreens with the dreaded KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. However, after that it somehow manages to boot and I am able to log in. Once in it's only a matter of time before it bluescreens on the same error again, though (the longest I've seen it go is about 15 minutes).

If I'm quick enough, I can reconfigure windows to boot into safe mode, which seems able to run indefinitely. However, parsing the memory dumps as suggested in various other forums has turned up nothing specific - no particular driver is identified as the problem, it's always one of two kernel executables.

There was one thread, somewhere (maybe MScommunity help), where a user indicated that they updated their BIOS to fix this problem - however at the moment I cannot find it.

If I dig up any promising resources on this problem or make any progress I will share it here.
deanpearl71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deanpearl71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:59pm
guys i have the same problem with my P67 Extreme4 Gen3
CPU: i5-2500K GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Mini ITX OC 6GB Windows 10 Pro version
Did you figure it out?
"I don't want to own anything that won't fit into my coffin."
employee monitoring software

shijo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:09am
Hi,

I havent such a BSOD issue with my AsusTek board. Neither do I see CPU at 100%, and CPU speed looks correct on my side.

But I get high system interupt usage + CPU at 14% after cold boot. I need a further warm boot to get things Ok.

That box was initially running Win8, then was updated to 10 (up to the most recent version). It worked fine until last summer, then after a Windows update, interrupts went high...

I assume I have a driver issue, but didn't find which one, or how I could tweak that box. So I'm booting (cold initial), then rebooting (warm boot) to solve that interrupt usage issue.

My HW is ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8P67-M (RAID) plus i7-2600K. It may be a rev 3.0 mother board (I would need to open the box to check this). With a BIOS of 16/07/2013.
aqq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:56am
Just registered on forum to let you know that I figured it out on my P67 Pro3 B3 and i5-2500K. Also had values like 3879465GHz in task manager.

I've installed latest BETA BIOS for motherboard. It looks like it was intended for this purpose because it's flashable through UEFI Instant Flash, not from Windows OS where you get BSOD's and probably you won't be able to successfully flash.

Now the values in task manager are normal and I don't get any BSOD's

AmberJEY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:45am
Originally posted by MichelvH MichelvH wrote:

I have the exact same thing and haven't found the solution yet. Seems to be an issue with one of the drivers. In this case I think it's the Intel chipset driver set, but there is no newer version than the one I have installed. I think it's time to sunset this motherboard and go look for a new one...

Hi MichelvH, The fake 100% CPU load, was this on 1903 or 1909?

Originally posted by aqq aqq wrote:

Just registered on forum to let you know that I figured it out on my P67 Pro3 B3 and i5-2500K. Also had values like 3879465GHz in task manager.

I've installed latest BETA BIOS for motherboard. It looks like it was intended for this purpose because it's flashable through UEFI Instant Flash, not from Windows OS where you get BSOD's and probably you won't be able to successfully flash.

Now the values in task manager are normal and I don't get any BSOD's

Unfortunately there's no "Instant Flash" or "CPU monocode update" for the p67 Extreme6.
AceMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AceMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by aqq aqq wrote:

Just registered on forum to let you know that I figured it out on my P67 Pro3 B3 and i5-2500K. [...] I've installed latest BETA BIOS for motherboard. [...]

I also just registered to let you know, that this solved all of my problems!

I've been experiencing random BSODs since January when I installed Win10 updates.
Same as some of you: in the safe mode everything was fine.

For the past 6 months I have been unhurriedly trying to figure out what might be wrong - I tried a fresh install of Win10, tested all possible components together and separately - nothing helped. And now, the BIOS flash to version 3.40 finally stabilized the machine.

Thanks! :)

P67 Pro3 + Intel Core i5-2400
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic