ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550 ITX board won't boot with a my Ryzen 5600X.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 ITX board won't boot with a my Ryzen 5600X.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
0xC_Fit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0xC_Fit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 ITX board won't boot with a my Ryzen 5600X.
    Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 2:20am
Mine would not boot, disassembled, Motherboard on table, reassembled, then it worked. Reinstalled in case, no issues. Makes no sense.
jacobmiller22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacobmiller22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 5:58am
I was having the same problem. Same specs as you. asrock b550, just got a ryzen 5 5600x, I couldn't get the board to post in order for the instant flash. After really regretting buying it (I got suckered in to buying a combo deal off newegg as it was the only option to get the ryzen in stock), I took it all a part, read every page of the m/b manual (even considered reading the parts in foreign languages to not miss anything) and voila, I somehow managed to get it to post. I checked the bios version and it was 1.2, so I quickly downloaded the latest version for me (1.7) and ran the instant flash. As of right now everything is working.
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 11:27pm
@Lumpybed
Why would anyone even try to boot up a computer without a heat sink on the CPU and then flash the bios??
The CPU probably reached its thermal barrier within seconds and shut down your computer. I'm surprised that Asrock would even let you RMA the MB. Your CPU may also be toast.
Lumpybed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lumpybed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 12:36pm
Good news: my loaner Ryzen 3100 from AMD arrived today, and I was able to use that to get into the BIOS and start the update process. So I think that demonstrates conclusively that P1.00 BIOS is not compatible with Zen 3 on this board.

Bad news: they system quit abruptly about 20% of the way into the P1.71 BIOS update. I admit I didn't install the CPU cooler that came with the loaner, because I thought I could get away with running it for a couple minutes without a heat sink to do the BIOS update. Apparently I was wrong. So now I get to RMA my motherboard to ASRock so they can rescue it. Sad trombone, but kudos to ASRock support for replying to me after hours tonight to get me started in the RMA process.
Lumpybed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lumpybed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2020 at 4:12am
For reference, it took about 4 business days for AMD to approve my request for a loaner CPU. It shipped today and should arrive within 5 business days. I don't have a tracking number. So if you need to go this route, budget two weeks for the whole process.
Lumpybed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lumpybed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 1:01am
A little more fiddling/reseating got me to 5 short beeps, which is Processor Error, as best I can tell. Still seems consistent with the B500 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax with P1.00 BIOS not working with the Ryzen 5800X.

I don't have my cooler yet and the CPU gets very warm in a few seconds after applying power, so I think I'm going to stop until I can get a 3000 series processor to update the BIOS.
Lumpybed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lumpybed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 12:39pm
Same result with my B550 Phantom Gaming ITX w/P1.00 BIOS (probably) and a Ryzen 5800X: no POST. My Sapphire Pulse 5600XT lights up as expected but I don't get any video output. No beep codes, either. I've requested the AMD boot kit, we'll see how long it takes for that to arrive.
123qwedsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123qwedsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:46am
Made an account to let you know that AMD might be able to help you with this:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-105#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit
jackson1101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackson1101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 9:12am
After extensive troubleshooting (following all the steps at https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-post-system-wont-boot-and-no-video-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/) I still haven't been able to boot, POST, or get any video output (or mobo speaker beeps). I have P1.10. ASRock said I can RMA my board, or I can get the short term loaner CPU from AMD. I'm awaiting a confirmation from AMD on the loaner boot kit and intend to do that first so I don't have to risk shipping any parts to the manufacturer (and would have to pay for the shipping in the process). A little nervous that other people seem to have had success with POSTing from P1.00 and 1.10 while I haven't, though maybe it varies by motherboard model in addition to BIOS version?
Lumpybed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lumpybed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 7:00am
On the other hand, this post seems to indicate that the B550M ITX ac would boot to BIOS with a Ryzen 5600 and BIOS 1.00: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/jwbnkb/psa_if_windows_install_isnt_working_on_your_new/. I may take my chances with 1.00 when I can get my hands on a 5800.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic