ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5Ghz + submisions with Asrock motheboards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 7:46am
Booted to 5.0 really easy, have to see where it can go from here...

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 2:24pm
Congratulations Thumbs Up

1.5v is very high for skylake. I hope you are using exceptional cooling and even then, I would not risk running at that Vcore for long. Booting at 5.0 is still a great achievement though.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 2:37pm
Nice one DooRules! Thumbs Up

Skylake processors are better than some people think. They run much cooler than Haswell processors, and seem to have crazy high VCore limits. OTOH, Haswell-E is a different creature. I can run stock clocks at under 1V.

The Skylake stock VIDs I've seen posted would put me in shock. 1.4V for stock clocks? Seems that is more for the 6700K than my little (HA!) 6600K (could not wait for the 6700K in the USA). I did not see that with my 6600K. Not that 1.4V was needed at all for a 6700K, but why Intel did that apparently...

Speaking of which, DooRules, does your 6700K have a high stock clock VID? Or is that the board influencing the VID?
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2015 at 6:51pm
My stock clock is well under 1.0 as well parsec. 

When i tried the 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 settings from bios I was expecting massive over volt from Asrock as to ensure boot to windows. But it was not nearly as high as I expected. At 4.8 setting from bios I am at 1.39 and 1.42 when I ran cinebench. Not too bad at all for a preset bios setting I thought. Temps never got over 67 on any core at 4.8.

I have the chip under water Xaltar, nothing more exotic than that. Smile

I am aware of the supposed limits of Vc for this chip but honestly I rarely pay much attention to that, as long as cooling is effective and I stay 10' from TJ Max i will try for higher. 

At higher clocks it will mostly be to see just what the chip can post at, not so much for running bench tests.

I read all the reports about how only half of Skylake chips can reach 4.7 supposedly, I am now somewhat dubious about that... Wink

On another note parsec, installed irst driver 14.8 yesterday. Used the accelerate function to use 64 gbs of an ssd for cache for another drive. Still have to play around with that to see if i can get some concrete results. But it is fun to be playing around again, missed it. Smile

Edited by DooRules - 08 Dec 2015 at 6:52pm
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:28am
a little cold air and away we go Smile

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:39am
Thumbs Up

I had somewhat the same setup as you there in the lower pic when I had ten OC'd Opteron 165's running Folding. Two windows AC units stacked. One cooled the room, the other looked like we shared the ducting installer. I used dryer vent hose plumbed off a "manifold' that was directly somewhat attached to the one AC unit.

Same vent hose at the rear of all machines, with a blower/manifold get up at the window pulling the exhaust out.

Otherwise it was an outright sauna in here.

Edited by wardog - 24 Jan 2016 at 7:41am
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:36pm
-16" outside, good time to go cold again, lol Big smile

had it that cold last night when I gave up and moved the pc back upstairs I waited about an hour for the pc to warm up naturally and slowly, take no chances with condensation

Edited by DooRules - 24 Jan 2016 at 7:39pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:01pm
Awesome OC DooRules, I love winter too, every good bench run I have ever had has been with good ole "natural" cooling Smile We are at -15c atm but sadly my G3258 gave me no more than my last major clocking attempts Cry

Still 4.7 max validated and 4.6 bench stable isn't too bad for a cheapo Pentium Clap Unfortunately no good for the 5ghz club. I could post at 5.0 but BSOD before windows fully loaded no matter the cooling or voltage.

Wish I had a Z170 board for my 6600k so I could capitalize on the sub zero temps here right now LOL
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 5:38am
new  Wink

http://valid.x86.fr/9eiy2k

Edited by DooRules - 25 Jan 2016 at 10:44pm
DooRules View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DooRules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 5:40am
higher score Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic