ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5Ghz + submisions with Asrock motheboards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

And did you notice the 9590's temps under the H115i? Impressed the hell outta me .....

Gonna be a Grinch here, given the way AMD processors report temperatures.

I'd like a second opinion, or at least with the CPU under a load. I assume those are idle temperatures? HWiNFO64, or it didn't happen. Wink

The ambiguous "Temp#" readings have quite a range, 40C down to 3.5C, must be chilly in Arizona now? Then a CPU Package temp of 27.6C at 2% load, but is that the H115's liquid temperature at 32.6C?

Actually, quite a feat getting Corsair Link working, given what I've read about it in the past. Must have finally fixed it.

Let's see an AIDA64 or Prime95 run with that H115! My CoolerMaster liquid cooler, 140mm rad with the insane 140mm JetFlo fans, had my FX-9590 on its knees temperature-wise, at stock clocks, running AIDA64.

Xaltar, the Turbo speed of the FX-9590 is 5GHz, 4.7GHz base clock. So we have a modest OC, relative to that processor. You must know pushing 5GHz on a recent Intel processor is difficult. Recall DooRules 5.1GHz run at 1.52V VCore, which is the max VID for many Intel processors.

Oh I'll bring alcohol if Xaltar shows up. Where were you guys when I was in Taipei? Yeah, I know...
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 10:49pm
Click and select "View Image" in your browser for full size 1920x1200 pics.

Edited by wardog - 05 Nov 2016 at 4:25am
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 11:14pm
Nice J Z! Thumbs Up

My 6600k tops out at about 4.7, I would need to push a lot more voltage to get it to boot at 5.0. I can post but as soon as windows loads I get a BSOD. I have boot mode set to 800mhz which naturally jumps straight to 5.0ghz once windows loads and crashes. I am not comfortable pushing more voltage on air though.

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:16pm
J Z, you are running Prime95 at 5GHz, with a 58° C - 65° C maximum temperature?

What are you using as a CPU Cooler?

Xaltar, don't forget CPU-Z only shows VIDs, not the actual core voltage. I also see very different VIDs in Core Temp and in CPU-Z in the screen shots.

Notice the memory speed of 4000? With 16GB. You don't see that without some special help.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

And did you notice the 9590's temps under the H115i? Impressed the hell outta me .....

I'd like a second opinion, or at least with the CPU under a load. I assume those are idle temperatures? HWiNFO64, or it didn't happen. Wink

The ambiguous "Temp#" readings have quite a range, 40C down to 3.5C, must be chilly in Arizona now? Then a CPU Package temp of 27.6C at 2% load, but is that the H115's liquid temperature at 32.6C?

Actually, quite a feat getting Corsair Link working, given what I've read about it in the past. Must have finally fixed it.

Let's see an AIDA64 or Prime95 run with that H115! My CoolerMaster liquid cooler, 140mm rad with the insane 140mm JetFlo fans, had my FX-9590 on its knees temperature-wise, at stock clocks, running AIDA64.

Xaltar, the Turbo speed of the FX-9590 is 5GHz, 4.7GHz base clock. So we have a modest OC, relative to that processor. You must know pushing 5GHz on a recent Intel processor is difficult. Recall DooRules 5.1GHz run at 1.52V VCore, which is the max VID for many Intel processors.

Oh I'll bring alcohol if Xaltar shows up. Where were you guys when I was in Taipei? Yeah, I know...

Aren't you just being a Debbie Downer over this. Bet you're a riot at parties Tongue

Why don't you light a fire(pun intended) to that 970/9590 combo and post up something here?

As to ""My CoolerMaster liquid cooler, 140mm rad with the insane 140mm JetFlo fans, had my FX-9590 on its knees temperature-wise, at stock clocks, running AIDA64."" keep in mind, and I don't know if Intel behaves this way, but when you starve AMD silicon of voltage as was likely happening on that 970 when stressing they tend to run hotter. You and I have read it here and discussed it in PM's many many times. Why do you think in the time you've known me I frown upon users putting too much processor on a 4+1 board? Heat! Oh the secrets I still have from years and years with AMD.

I'll get the proper OC set and then I'll post a screen grab or video for your doubts to subside Wink

She's decided she's leaving Sunday morning. Today I went and bought a desk proper that can accommodate whatever I wish on it.

So till then pull those silk panties outta your crack, and relax a spell. Shocked
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

This work for ya?

EDIT. Sheet! I forgot the temps. I'll re-run this tomorrow. It's late and she'll be home in the am. Work to do here before she arrives.

CPU/NB I have set full time @ 1.2625v

All 8 purring at 5.1 running 4x8GB Kit of G.Skill 2133

Rt click and View Image for full size

Edited by wardog - 17 Nov 2016 at 3:14pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 10:58pm
Sadly even with water cooling my system just won't cooperate Cry

4.6ghz max and that is unstable under any decent load. It looks like either my Z170 Pro4s isn't up to the task, despite adding bulkier VRM cooling and having a 140mm fan blowing directly on them, or my ES CPU just doesn't have it in it to go higher. 

One day, one day I will have a post in here of my own Evil Smile
kleshas-priest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kleshas-priest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 5:44pm
Nice to meet you, everybody

I do over clock in the country of Japan
I do not understand English
I write it by machine translation

I used MB of ASRock for the first time
Stable Over Clock is made of excellences and is very glad
Online Games are usually idle from an errand by this setting

If it is funny English, I'm sorry

CPU
i7-6700k @5.0GHz
Cooler
Cooler Master/MasterAir Maker 8
RAM
Corsair/CMU32GX4M4C3466C16
M/B
ASRock/Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7
VGA
Manli/M-NGTX1060/5REHDP
DRIVE
SAMSUNG/NVMe 950 Pro M.2
SAMSUNG/NVMe SM961
PSU
CoolerMaster/V1200
OS
Windows10 Pro 64bit

Air-cooling 5Ghz OC 4C8T Intel Burn Test 10Laps Clear

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 6:36pm
Awesome stuff kleshas-priest!

Those temps are a little on the high side, I would imagine that is running something like Prime 95 or Intel Burn in Test?

Ideally you will want to try and lower those temps especially if you were not 100% stressing the CPU to get them.
kleshas-priest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kleshas-priest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:41pm
Thank you for comment.

I have finished running in intel burn test.(4C8T Load100% 10Laps.)

Because it is an air-cooling, temperature is not usually high to here though it is high.

And...it is machine translation...
For example...
A machine translates temps(Temperature)
into a temporary worker,japane

I sometimes write something in blog and twitter,
upload an image, please read it from there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic