ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > Achivement&Record
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5Ghz + submisions with Asrock motheboards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by kleshas-priest kleshas-priest wrote:

Cooler
Cooler Master/MasterAir Maker 8

Dang. Cooler Master says that cooler is rated to 250w but it isn't getting the job done there very good.

What fans do you have pushing and pulling air in and out of your case?

That's getting a tad bit hot.
kleshas_priest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kleshas_priest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 4:30pm

Nice to meet you,wardog

ah....
I made some mistake and could not log in and remade an account

I may not explain it well
I upload an image.

Well...At first from a CPU

: Heat spreader which was made with press machine
: see it horizontally
: But In fact, a rim swells

: center of heat spreader of the CPU becomes dented.
: Therefore I sharpen it evenly in oil Stone.
(It took approximately 24 hours until it became level.)
: Please image it so that it is parallel to silicone die then.
: I exclude heat spreader.

: I Application a silicon die with LIQUID PRO of Cool Laboratory company.
: I install CPU and heat spreader.

It is cooler next

: A contact surface of MasterAir Maker 8.
: seemingry we see it horizontally.

: But it is a curved surface plenty.Therefore I sharpen it in an oil stone.
: The vapor chamber part which was welded to the backside
  the surface swell into a punctiform.
: I confirm it using red lead(or minium)

: Only the point touch a CPU.
: Therefore...not surface contact with a CPU.
: In an Oil Stone,I revise it.

: Apply LIQUID PRO and make modifications
: Then attached to a CPU

When I say Why you do it

When I use the CPU grease of the liquid metal
Heat movement is difficult by the punchtate contact
Therefore a CPU overheats
So that I assemble the engine of the high performance,
I only removed an uneasy element.

and....

: fan is a double side in cooler. COSAIR SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure
: case is Thermaltake Core X9

The image that is in the middle of still building it

One to write English is difficult than I sharpen a CPU (lol
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 4:50pm
In English we call sanding/smoothing the CPU heat spreader and CPU cooler contact surface Lapping Wink

You also delidded the CPU and replaced the thermal compound with higher grade material, great stuff!

Thanks for sharing the pics Thumbs Up

A lot of people seem to think you need a mirror finish on a Lap job but the truth is, all you need is an even surface with maximum contact between the CPU and cooler. In some cases, given high quality thermal compound a rougher finish actually provides better thermal contact as the paste gets into the fine grooves. In all my testing with lapping I found it made very little difference, rough finish or mirror when it comes to cooling performance. The only thing I found interesting was when I mirror finished both my CPU and cooler (an old P4 B 2.4ghz) I was able to use them with no thermal compound with no ill effect. The 2 would actually stick together if you removed all the air from between them. It takes a lot of patience to do so anyone reading this take note, you can't rush this kind of thing or you will end up ruining it.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 8:37pm
I absolutely love my Core X9

Not since my old Packard Bell 486DX25 have I had the pleasure of working on a horizontal motherboard.

And what with the X9's side and top panels being removable I now have room for both elbows in there. And unfortunately both thumbs too LOL
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

IYou also delidded the CPU and replaced the thermal compound with higher grade material, great stuff!

Xaltar, the way read his post there just now he has mistakenly re-applied the factory heat spreader back over his die.

If so, that is most likely causing his temps to reflect what they are.

Simply lapping the heat spreader and be dome with it. Yet he also shows removing it and applying Coollaboratory to the top of the die also. Stp at one or the other. But not both. That's a recipe for diasas........... Heat! 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

It takes a lot of patience to do so anyone reading this take note, you can't rush this kind of thing or you will end up ruining it.

Xaltar, I'm thinking move these non-Benchmark posts to elsewhere for just that reason you touch upon there.

Whatd'ya say?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 12:22pm
This is with all 8 cores of the FX-9590 running, as set in the BIOS, at 200x25

Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme9, BIOS P1.80
Processor: AMD FX-9590
Processor Multi set to 25
LLC set at 75%
Memory: 16Gb(2x8) of 32GB(4x8) G.Skill F3-2133C10Q-32GSR Kit
Memory set to XMP Profile 2, Extreme Profile, 2133 Mhz 10-12-12-31 1T
Memory residing in slots A2 and B2
Corsair H115i set at Balanced
Windows Power set to Performance
C States disabled in BIOS
CPU/NB +.05v, from +1.25v to +1.30v

Remaining parts are:
Fractal Design Define S w/H115i rad on top exhausting
PNY XLR8 1050Ti
Seasonic SS-850KM3
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and 1TB

These were the only changes in the BIOS and Windows. All else in BIOS set to Auto, except where needed to make Multi and Voltage changes.

Next up is 5.1Ghz

Edited to get pic proper

Edited by wardog - 11 Dec 2016 at 1:08pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 10:44pm
I'm supposed to comment on the temperatures, since I'm a naysayer about AMD processor temperatures of some sort, according to wardog. Confused

So I'll remain in Naysayer mode, with a capital N. Wink  I am good at that, learned it from my father. As he would say, "I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone". A more accurate term would be cynic. So full cynic mode it is! Evil Smile

So we have a full 5GHz submission here... hmm, isn't 5GHz the stock Turbo speed of the FX-9590? Yes it is. Oh wait, I see you hit 5,053.5MHz when the Buss Clock hit 202.1MHz, as it wandered around a bit. The thread title is 5GHz + submissions, so that has been achieved.

Now temperature time. But the question is, what to comment on? AMD processor temperature readings are done differently than Intel. Intel has no concept of the "socket temperature", and which temperature readings HWiNFO64 assigns to its various labels for AMD processors is not obvious, IMO.

For example, the CPU Package temperature is normally the highest temperature reading for an Intel processor. That can be the highest single core temperature of an Intel processor, but is higher than that temperature for the HEDT processors, up to ~10C, although that levels out as the core temperatures approach their maximum, 100C for most Intel processors, 105C for HEDT processors.

The maximum specified temperature of an FX-9590 is... not easy to find.

The CPU Package temperature, as I saw with my FX-9590, are impossibly low. Mine at idle would show single digit values, sub-ambient. That must really be a delta above some base value, which might be the ambient or possibly socket temperature. The maximum value there of 46C would seem to be very close to a delta above the socket ambient temperature, of ~20C.

The other CPU temperature shows a maximum of 59.5C, which is mighty fine for a VCore of 1.552V. We don't see CPU core usage quite at 100%, but very close.

Time for an OC, I look forward to seeing that!

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 6:51am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

The maximum specified temperature of an FX-9590 is... not easy to find.

Careful there. You're showing your AMD Noobness.

AOD > CPU Status - Thermal Margin

To the rest of that you posted above, running all 8 cores at 5.0 and above is a feat. A feat of the motherboard as well seeing I far exceeded the 220W TDP by doing 5.0 on 8. Stock 4.7 to 4.75 its running 8 cores but above 4.75 it begins dropping the least productive cores to focus on 4 then 2(?) cores.

I'm coming to the conclusion you hold something against AMD .......LOL
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 9:59pm
http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/100726-intel-core-i7-7700k-overclocked-beyond-7ghz/

2.0v core voltage Shocked

Even on LN2 that makes me cringe Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic