ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi RGB DED...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadFox1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi RGB DED...
    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:14am
Just got mostly done building my new build, NOT. Nicest board I've EVER bought. I like high end boards but have never gone THIS expensive. Everything went smoothly til I loaded bios and noticed the RGB on the board was dead. Checked in bios and switched it off then back on and notta. All other RGB in the machine working. No Backplate or front RGB at all. VERY disappointed. So I guess I'll need to undo the four hours spent building this and return the board. Does Asrock RMA at all or return to store only? This was the last one in stock. Kinda bummed and defeated RN... Guess I will go with the Asus after all.
BadFox1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadFox1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:32am
BTW this is my second build in a week.
First was a X570 steel legend, 5800x, 32GB DDR4-3200, RTX3070 build went smooth no issues! Great running machine so far.
Second is this build, X570 Taichi, 5600x, 16GB DDR4-3200, Still old GTX 1070ti Seems to be running OK but lighting is DED and store Out of stock.

I would of used the Taichi board with the 5800x but the GPU spacing is an issue for me and the Steel Legend was one of the only board I could find that had the spacing I needed.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 5:04pm
Dear BadFox1,
Thank you for the posting.

For this case, we would suggest flash the RGB firmware manually to try.
Please refer to the following steps.

1.Uninstall the ASRock Polychrome and other RGB control program in Control Panel and make sure the ASRRGB folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ is disappear.

2. Restart the PC and download the latest ASRock Polychrome utility from below link and install it.
ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.83: https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v2.0.83).zip

3. Type "CMD" in Windows search bar and right click to choose "Run as administrator".

4. Go to RGB app installation folder in Command Prompt by typing "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin"

5. Flash the RGB chip by using the following command "WriteFW.bat"

After step 5, kindly wait about 30 sec and the FW flash will finish.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic