ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X+Killer RAM Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 12:39am
that's exactly what I'm doing..... LOL (in Ohio)

except 2 snowflakes paralyze our city, as opposed to MI that knows what to do with it.

be with you in 20-30 after trying your suggestions.
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 12:46am
I'mm Baaack
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 12:48am
Originally posted by GrumpyAeroGuy GrumpyAeroGuy wrote:

...as opposed to MI that knows what to do with it.

Hey Bubba. Buckle your seat belt, hold my beer, and watch this sh*t!
GrumpyAeroGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:10am
OK, they are recognized in single channel mode... A1 and A2

Interestingly, DRAM Manual control allows me to go between sticks 1-4, so the BIOS knows they are there.

Not trying to be a bonehead, but I can't find the parameter you wanted me to change to 2
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:18am
Meh, not knowing is not knowing. Better to ask then I say.

BIOS > OC Tweaker > DRAM Configuration(must be at  Manual remember) > Here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:19am
OK, found CR, and ALL 4 DIMMs were AUTO, showing "2T". Went to manual, forced the issue to "2T" for all, and we're left with the same issue. (!)

Main page shows 16Gb at 1333 Single Channel Mode.

Now it's my turn, Boss wants to go run a few more errands with me, now that I ran the ones she wanted earlier.

Just to rule this out, double checked that my OS was REALLY 64bit. It is: 64bit Win7x64.

Bizarre. I guess this points to the memory or the processor---the processor seeming to be a very long shot here---there are NO OTHER SYMPTONS what so ever that would indicate the processor is operating any way but normal.

Who'd'a thunk it would be this big a pain in the back of the front to get 4 sticks of memory recognized. I gave up the Crossblade Ranger in lieu of this MB (which I must say I am liking better) for the EXACT SAME ISSUE.... I am also wondering of this isn't a fail in/of Win10.

Be back in a bit.... AND.... thank you very much for your interest and assistance.

Edited by GrumpyAeroGuy - 17 Jan 2016 at 1:22am
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:21am
And ...... Relax guy. There's no such thing as a boneheaded question here. Fire 'em at will.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:23am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by GrumpyAeroGuy GrumpyAeroGuy wrote:

...as opposed to MI that knows what to do with it.

Hey Bubba. Buckle your seat belt, hold my beer, and watch this sh*t!

LMAO
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:26am
We're dabbling in the BIOS, so ALL should be recognized. In the OS all might not be depending on just which ""64bit Win7x64"" you have. ie: Home, Pro, etc.

Yea, she's got the Lodge skillet turning fresh grated potatoes into hash browns.

See ya back here in a while.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 1:42am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Yea, she's got the Lodge skillet turning fresh grated potatoes into hash browns.

She knows her way to my Heart.

Home-made hash browns. home-made buttermilk biscuits and home-made country gravy.

Ol' Bob Evans and Cracker Barrel have nothing over her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic