ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 pro4 support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zachary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 pro4 support
    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 at 5:59am
I have ordered a asrock b550m pro4 recently and with the current bios version on the board it cannot support my 5600x. I do not know how to update/flash the bios and it would be great if someone could tell me how.
MadScientist View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadScientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 7:29pm
Google search is your friend.
https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS11
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550M%20Pro4/#BIOS
Talisman_Chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisman_Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 6:16pm
Hi!

I updated my computer and ran into a problem I didn't understand.
Asrock B550M Pro4 motherboard with R5 5600X processor works with any graphics card except RX 5700. Checked with RX480, R9 280X, GTX1660super, GT210.
RX 5700 (reference) graphics card works with any motherboard except Asrock B550M Pro4. I tested it on MSI Z87-G45 Gaming, Huananzhi X79 Deluxe ver.14, even with MacMini via Thunderbolt as an external card it works.
But together they do not want to start.

The post card does not show anything on this motherboard, and the Post Status Checker indicators on the board are flashing BOOT - CPU / DRAM. The check does not reach the VGA indicator, the process is repeated many times, the speaker is silent, there is no image.
BIOS version is P1.70.
The memory is configured according to the XMP profile to the standard 3733 MHz for it, it works fine with other video cards.
Resetting to default settings doesn't help. Removing NVME SSD and PCI-e Wi-Fi, changing the PCI-e version from Auto to Gen4 or Gen3 also does nothing.

Where to dig further?
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 8:01pm
First, drop memory speed to minimum default, then try. If not, try different PCi-e slot, if not, try different display port slot on card, or HDMI
folding@home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisman_Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:27pm
I tried to reduce the memory frequency to 2133 MHz, I tried all video outputs. Did not help.
Other PCI-e ports cannot work in Gen4 mode.
But I'll check it anyway.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Talisman_Chick Talisman_Chick wrote:

I tried to reduce the memory frequency to 2133 MHz, I tried all video outputs. Did not help.
Other PCI-e ports cannot work in Gen4 mode.
But I'll check it anyway.

Card works in any PCIe gen slots. It does not need to be Gen4 :)
folding@home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisman_Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by muziqaz muziqaz wrote:

Card works in any PCIe gen slots.

They work, but slower than they could.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:17pm

Originally posted by muziqaz muziqaz wrote:

Card works in any PCIe gen slots.

They work, but slower than they could.

No, you will not feel any speed difference on your 5700xt even on pcie3 x8 speed ;)
I have my Radeon 7, which is faster than 5700xt in pcie3 x8 slot, and 5700xt itself is in secondary pci-e slot, and have no issues with performance :)
folding@home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talisman_Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:36pm
OK, but Asrock B550M Pro4 has only 1 PCI-e x16 Gen4, 1 PCI-e x1 Gen3 and 1 PCI-e x4 Gen3.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 11:47pm

OK, but Asrock B550M Pro4 has only 1 PCI-e x16 Gen4, 1 PCI-e x1 Gen3 and 1 PCI-e x4 Gen3.

If you put your card into pcie slot number 3 on your motherboard, it should in theory work at either x16 or x8 at least.
PCIe slot 3 works at x4 speeds only when PCIe slot 1 has GPU as well working at full x16 speed.
Doesn't hurt to try to see if card works in that slot ;)

If all else fails, last reset would be to reset the BIOS and then add the card to primary slot.
Also, do you have other display port or HDMI cable to try out. I know I'm grasping for straws here, but you never know ;)
folding@home
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic