ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A75 Pro4 Windows will not boot with USB Keyboard
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A75 Pro4 Windows will not boot with USB Keyboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z4wu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A75 Pro4 Windows will not boot with USB Keyboard
    Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 3:06pm
I just purchased a Razer keyboard but after connecting it via USB, my computer will not boot into Windows. It's stuck on the bios flash screen. The keyboard's backlights are on but key presses are useless.

I am able to boot into Windows with my previous keyboard via a PS2 port just fine and I've tried to change various settings in the Bios page with no luck. 

I am also able to use the new keyboard by connecting it after I'm already in Windows. Although the function and gaming keys do not seem to work. 

Please see the screenshots attached for my current Bios settings. I've also contacted Razer support regarding this but it's most likely due to a Bios setting or Motherboard issue.

Please feedback would be greatly appreciated.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 4:47pm
The first thing I would suggest at solving this is to update your BIOS. Use the Instant Flash method and file as that is the least likely to cause an issue when flashing. NEVER flash a motherboards BIOS from within Windows.

P1.40 is way old now. So old ASRock doesn't have a download link for it anymore. They begin now at P1.50, and the latest, which will have newest fixes and improvements, is P2.50 .

Post back your results after flashing to the latest BIOS
z4wu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z4wu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 5:32pm
Hello wardog, thank you for your quick response. I was able to update my bios to P2.50 using Instant Flash and that fixed the issue! I didn't even have to change any of the settings. Thank you again! 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 5:38pm
You're Welcome. Enjoy.

ps: thanks for the pics Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic