ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4-F no display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qualphey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4-F no display
    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:20am
I've just assembled my desktop computer using these components:

• B450M Pro4-F motherboard

• AMD Ryzen??7 3700X CPU

• Corsair CX600 PSU (600w)

• 1x ADATA AD4U3200716G22 RAM (16 GB DDR4 3200MHz U-DIMM)

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550TI GPU

Also a couple of HDD's connected, but I don't think their specs matter, since you should be able to boot into BIOS without any hard drive connected.

So the problem is that there is no display output. I've connected the NVIDIA GPU to a screen via HDMI and also via VGA, but in both cases got a "no signal" message on the screen when I tried to boot up. The GPU and the screen are both working with a different motherboard, CPU and RAM (way older models).

When I turn the power on, the CPU fan starts spinning and its LEDs are lighting up. The GPU fan also seems to be working. I've first installed my RAM into A1 slot, but after doing a bit of research I've reinstalled it to the A2 slot, but the result was the same. Also I've noticed that the PLED is never blinking and there is some thermal paste on the side of the CPU (I've installed it correctly following the manual).

What could be the cause of this issue? I'm in a desperate state, cause I need that computer for work, and the one I'm typing from right now is really old and slow.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:01am
Dear Qualphey,
Thank you for the posting,

Regarding your problem, we would like to provide some suggestions for you to verify.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 27.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M%20Pro4-F.pdf
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card to check if the system can boot into BIOS setup.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.
4. If possible, please use other CPU and RAM to cross test to check if the problem relate to the compatibility of the memory and CPU.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic