ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Display Hidden OC Item toggle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Display Hidden OC Item toggle
    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 2:01am
Hello, is there any reason why the "Display Hidden OC Item" toggle was removed in Z590 BIOSes? It was a very nice addition unlocking a lot of settings that are desired by enthusiasts. Here is a small overview of the impact that setting has on the BIOS: https://youtu.be/oxVWNwRLEas
There definitely is interest in this type of BIOS unlocking: https://twitter.com/hashtag/righttocustomize?src=hashtag_click&f=live
Please consider adding it back.
danske View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danske Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:36am
Yep, I'd LOVE to have unlocked BIOS! With locked BIOS, your just limiting enthusiasts for no reason. Please, give us unlocked BIOS!
Jalyx._ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jalyx._ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 7:25am
I completely agree. Motherboard manufacters hide settings that when configured correctly could provide an amazing improvement when it comes to latency wise, and I don't see a reason of why not make it available for users without the need of modding BIOS which can result complicated and in worst cases even breaking your motherboard.
aimereric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimereric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 1:26pm
I second (third?) this. Tired of dealing w/ the hassle of bad setting availability. Memory timings being locked, pci latency timers, hpet, various power saving etc etc.
Zipo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zipo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:48am
Unlocked bios toogle would be very convinient. Because of not having any other choice people have to mod their bios, when doing it they are risking bricking the board. On top of that some of the "unlocked" settings don't even work as intended. Please, give us unlocked bios!
Brainlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 2:31pm
bump
Brainlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 5:54pm
bump
Brainlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:55pm
bump
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:50pm
I would imagine the hammer came down from intel. ASRock will likely not respond
here if that is the case. It would be foolish for them to antagonize a vendor that
they rely on to make their products. Licensing a chipset comes with restrictions
and firm rules. Instead of petitioning manufacturers, try petitioning intel/AMD.
I will certainly lend my vote to any such endeavor.

ASRock has a history of pushing the limits of vendor restrictions, I am fairly
certain they will do so again, perhaps in a future update once they are no longer
under scrutiny.
Brainlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I would imagine the hammer came down from intel. ASRock will likely not respond
here if that is the case. It would be foolish for them to antagonize a vendor that
they rely on to make their products. Licensing a chipset comes with restrictions
and firm rules. Instead of petitioning manufacturers, try petitioning intel/AMD.
I will certainly lend my vote to any such endeavor.

ASRock has a history of pushing the limits of vendor restrictions, I am fairly
certain they will do so again, perhaps in a future update once they are no longer
under scrutiny.

For example, EVGA still has such a toggle on their Z590 boards.
In general, ASRock's stock BIOSes were vastly inferior to other vendors regarding the amount of exposed options but completely left the competition in the dust after enabling the toggle. The new Z590 series is even worse than previous stock BIOSes which wouldn't be an issue if they still had the toggle but they don't. Considering ASRock currently has the worst BIOS out of any vendor I don't think it's due to Intel putting pressure on them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic