ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

bios bad flash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briareos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 5:45am
I've just updated BIOS to ver.2.90 on the exact same MB as above (88x), by use of the internet flash update feature. Restart as requested -DEAD. Cleared CMOS -DEAD. Removed bat -still DEAD.
Are we dealing with a bad bios-update file or maybe some "chassis intrusion" safety issues ??
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 5:47am
On the chip the bad flash happened?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 5:49am
Internet Flash???

Instant Flash only here if you decide to try again.
Briareos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briareos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 6:08am
So the option to use the internet-update from within UEFI is not safe ?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:24am
No, not particularly. Though I can't say with 100% surety just how or even some Users posts here, Users have reported incorrect BIOS file downloads when using Internet Flash.

AGAIN, I wasn't there when it happened, didn't see the results either. So I can and am only passing along what has been posted here and other forums concerning ASRock and all the other manufacturers implementation of their own "Internet Flash" going awry.

Instant Flash for the win. I'm done discussing it here too. It's like you're fighting against me suggesting/recommending sing Instant Flash. You asked, I answered. The end.

And I not being a hardass over this either. You asked, I answered, and yet over and over now you still ask of other alternative flashing methods.
GrumpyAeroGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 8:29am
OK, gotta ask, has anyone had success with this BIOD version at all? Instant OR Internet?

Inquiring minds want to know...
GrumpyAeroGuy
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:22am
Grumpy, it appears they've pulled 2.90 from their downlooad servers. ??? Which would mean there were issues discovered.

I'd say you're good up to 2.60. I've never been one to ride the cutting edge concerning BIOS updates, instead choosing to lag behind one or two revisions. And then only if I need to update to address and issue that it might cure.

2.70's ""Modify Boot option function." isn't much unless you're somehow affected by what it addresses.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:24am
Or are you at 2.70 now??
GrumpyAeroGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyAeroGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 3:24am
I'm at the latest prior to this "temperamental one" they just pulled...

wasn't in any rush to do it... just curious. I have no issues that would lead me to consider/rush updating my BIOS...

EDIT:  I am on 2.6.

Edited by GrumpyAeroGuy - 26 Jan 2016 at 10:40am
GrumpyAeroGuy
Briareos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briareos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:20pm

Both my son and I have the same MB (FM2A88X Extreme4+)

Due to extensive upgrade of my sons PC, we decided to upgrade BIOS to the latest (jump from vers. 1.6 to vers. 2.9)

Yes! we didn't have to go all the way, unless SSD boost is adressed in vers. 2.9 ??
I agree (and have now learned) that is it risky business to "stay tuned" with the latest BIOS vers. - but I was of the impression that AsRock did their homework before release of new sw.

Planned upgrade was from
6790K to 7850K
8Gb DDR3 1866 to 32Gb DDR3 2400
Samsung SSD 850 256Gb

I've contacted AsRock techsupport and now wait for positive replyCry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic