FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB3 Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB3 Problem
    Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by xpetr11 xpetr11 wrote:

Hello i have this motherboard http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/960GM-VGS3%20FX/

and after installing windows 10 (Enterprise)my usb3 does not appears anywhere.
i had all the installs (X-FAST LAN.X-FAST USB) 
i go to  :(system properties-device manager-universal serial bus controller) but the usb3 does not appears anywhere, 
is a problem with drivers or something else?
Thank you

Either we are not understanding you, or we are all not understanding each other.

You said your board is this one, right?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/960GM-VGS3%20FX/

That board does NOT have any USB 3.0 support at all built into it. So maybe you have a different board.

Is your board this one:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/960GMU3S3%20FX/

This board has two USB 3.0 ports, but you said your PC has one USB 3.0 port. Is the USB 3.0 port on the front of the PC case?

What you call "the usb3 cable from the pc is a 20 pin header cable", sound like a USB 3.0 cable from the front of the PC case that you connect to the mother board.

But the mother board MUST have a 20 pin USB 3.0 header. The 10 pin header on your board is a USB 2.0 header.

You can convert a 10 pin USB 2.0 header to connect to a 20 pin USB 3.0 cable, but the USB port will NOT be USB 3.0, it will be USB 2.0.

The mother board that you said you have does NOT have any USB 3.0 drivers for any version of Windows, not Windows 7, and not Windows 8.

Windows 10 has a USB 3.0 driver built into it, just like a USB 2.0 driver. No mother board has a download for USB 3.0 and Windows 10.

Unless you can explain how you have a USB 3.0 port in your PC, we don't understand why you say you have one.

xpetr11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpetr11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 10:37pm
the usb3 cable from the pc is a  20 pin header cable
is this motherboard has a 20 pin  USB3 connector?
i can see only 10 pin connector.i must convert the 20 pin usb3 cable to a 10pin?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

The proper/correct driver should have come with the card.

I forgot. You purchased a complete system from a vendor.

Here, to keep your troubles and headaches to a minimum, not to mention possible Voiding ithe system Warranty, I should might maybe direct you to the Vendor for Support.

But, if you'd like, and knowing full well it might void the/your Warranty, reply back with the 3.0 cards manufacturer and model and I'll locate the correct driver for you.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:26pm
The proper/correct driver should have come with the card.

What Manufacturer and Model Number is the USB 3.0 card you purchased?

I'll find the latest driver for you.
xpetr11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpetr11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Have you installed the driver for the 3.0 card?

In the product page (  asrock 960gm-vgs3fx - downloads - windows 10 & windows 10x64 ) there is only drivers for realteak.
Where i can find drivers for windows 10 x64?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:33pm
Have you installed the driver for the 3.0 card?
xpetr11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpetr11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 7:09pm
Thanks for your help
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 4:11am
Originally posted by xpetr11 xpetr11 wrote:

I did not say that the usb3 was on board.

No. No you didn't. But you should have!
xpetr11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpetr11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:39pm
I did not say that the usb3 was on board.
I buy this gaming pc new,with 4 usb2 ports,and one usb3,but why does not appear ?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:18pm
First you'll need to convice me it HAS on-board USB 3.0 .

In looking over the MB web pages and drivers just now I am of the conclusion it does not offer USB 3.0

Where, page link please, are you reading that it has USB 3.0 on-board?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic