ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

M.2 NVMe SSD not detected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fpriolo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fpriolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M.2 NVMe SSD not detected
    Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 10:41pm
I know this is an older post, but I have been having big issues with my m.2 on my x99x killer fatality board. I can't get it to come up in bios or windows no matter what. I have tried adding it in a pcie 3.0 x4 adapter and nothing. The reason I am replying is because I have 16GB ddr4-2400 ram. You noted that you went to 3200. Do you think that really had an effect on it? It is making me think that I should try this. I am trying to use a wd sn850x 1tb card.
Bagman1972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 3:31am
Mine did not recognize it in bios either but I could go to F-11 and see it and boot to it there. I had Windows 10 already on it so it boot up just fine and it always boot from there from then on. I spent hours until I just noticed the F-11 prompt down there also under the F-2 key and I tried it and it worked. I was trying the wrong path like everyone else it seems.
Kuzmixan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuzmixan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 2:48pm
I had a problem of periodic non-detection, the system does not start and does not see MVME. This SSD has Windows installed.
For a single start, it was solved by removing the SSD and reinstalling it during the entrance to the BIOS.
I updated the bios, tried to reinstall Windows under different styles of sections and what dances I didn£™t do, nothing solved the problem thoroughly.

M.2 NVME Kingston A1000 at 480 / A2000 M8 at 480 (changed in support)
The problem was on both the Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3 and the Asrock B450M Steel Legend

The SOLUTION was something I didn't expect at all:
The RAM I had was Crucial Ballistix Sport LT @ 2400 Mhz 2x8Gb
I bought in order to increase the amount of memory and frequencies Kingston HyperX Fury @ 3200 Mhz 2x16Gb

WHAT A MIRACLE! This problem has completely disappeared!
So I did not understand if this happened due to increased frequencies with reduced timings or simply due to a change of manufacturer / chips, but now there are no situations at all when I have to dismantle / mount a drive when trying to start a PC
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 2:22pm
Dear Tasty01,
Thank you for the posting.

Regarding your problem, we would like to provide some suggestions for you to verify.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 27.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B550%20Steel%20Legend.pdf
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card, SSD and boot into BIOS\Advance\Storage Configuration to check if the SSD appears under this page.
3. Install the SSD on another M.2 socket to verify
4. If possible, install the SSD on other systems to cross test.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
Tasty01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tasty01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 7:34am
So i just upgraded my motherboard and case and went from a b450m pro4 to the b550 steel legend. The only thing that doesn't work now is the NVMe SSD. It's detected in neither Windows nor the BIOS. I already took it out and put it back in and I updated the BIOS, but it still doesn't get detected.

The SSD: PNY XLR8 CS3030 2TB (M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen 3 x4)

(My other components are in my signature.)
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, ASROCK B550 Steel Legend, RTX 2080 Super, Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB, G.Skill DDR4 Aegis 2x8GB.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic