ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550M CSM Disabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macx_m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550M CSM Disabled
    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 4:35am
Hi,

I am using a B550M motherboard with Ryzen 4350G processor. I have two sticks of XPG D30 3200MHZ on the same. I have a NVME drive as boot device which has windows 10. The problem is that I am always seeing that CSM is disabled and there is no option for me to enable it. I have search every place on the bios and I don't see an option to enable.

Can anyone please help me out.
Isoceles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isoceles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 4:54pm
Do you have settings like Fast Boot or Secure Boot enabled£ CSM/Legacy mode is very old so some features will automatically disable it if you turn them on.
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 8:30pm
If you installed your Windows with CSM already disabled and Secure Boot/ UEFI boot enabled, you will not be able to use CSM mode again. If you could by any chance enable CSM mode in this instance, you wouldn't be able to boot into your Windows installation.
In order to have CSM option available you would need to disable Secure Boot, UEFI boot and fast boot, and then enable CSM, and then reinstall Windows with it enabled. Keep in mind that once you install your windows with CSM enabled, you will not be able to disabled it with that Windows installation
folding@home
user81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2021 at 5:22pm
What if you simply reset CMOS to original lower defaults by shorting the CMOS pins on the motherboard£ To my best understanding CSM generally means if UEFI is not possible, it will fall back to CSM.

Benegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2022 at 4:22pm
Umm guys can you tell me where i can find the     
UEFI boot in ASrock B550M cause i need to disable it for CSM to work.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 12:40am
above 4g needs to be disabled
secure boot needs to be disabled
if it was enabled and you just switched it off, reboot and enter bios again
csm options should be available now
once you enable CSM, make sure storage boot is set to UEFI
dont worry about secure boot being disabled, windows will boot no matter your secureboot settings

the only issue people have with secure boot and windows not booting is when windows is installed in legacy mode while secure boot switches boot into uefi...on uefi win you can enable/disable secure boot and nothing happens with your windows boot
secure boot is just lock so uefi or efi boot cant be modified with malware as it check wheter its authentic or modified by something when enabled
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2022 at 12:42am
its in boot options, scroll down, it should be there, if its not visible, disable above4g and secureboot

Edited by kerberos_20 - 28 Feb 2022 at 12:43am
Benegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 1:40am
I run on an iGPU (Ryzen 7 4750g) And i don't know where to find the 4g thing. I can't find it and if you ask if i have PCI configuration tab i don't have one.
Benegal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2022 at 1:42am
Originally posted by Benegal Benegal wrote:

Umm guys can you tell me where i can find the     
UEFI boot in ASrock B550M-HDV cause i need to disable it for CSM to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic