ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi ram advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi ram advice
    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:49pm
As parts trickle in, I've finally committed to an AMD build. I'm still deciding on ram and cpu. My thoughts are x5900 and the most ram the Taichi will hold, 128gb of ram that works well in this MOBO.
Can I ask for opinions on a tried & true cpu and ram combination£ I would appreciate it, as those are the last two parts I need.
By the way, this is strictly a DAW audio work station for those who may have built a DAW with these parts.
Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 11:27pm
RAM can be tricky, especially high capacity kits but I would recommend you check
out GSkill's AMD tuned offerings, find a kit with nice tight timings for DAW work.
Speed isn't as important as latency so don't be shy to go for a 2666 kit (4x32)
with tight timings vs a high frequency kit with loose ones.

I would also advise that you install your GPU in the lower X16 slot to keep airflow
over your chipset unimpeded, a shorter GPU in the top slot will also work well.
The last thing you want, unless you will be keeping the PC isolated, is the noise
from the fan (electrical and actual audible) interfering with your recordings.
That little chipset fan can put out quite a racket if it's not getting enough
air.

Given the X570 Taichi is a higher end board it should be included on many RAM
vendor's QVL pages.
jazzyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 3:47am
Never thought about the GPU placement. Also, I was focused on high speed ram and lost sight of latency. Can you suggest a model number ram and cpu that you may have had experience with£ If it's allowed on the forum, my first post.
Thank you for your response and feedback.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 6:47am
I'm afraid I can't help on that front, my DAW is Threadripper based, completely
different RAM support and I am only running 64gb. GSkill has good compatibility
with AMD and lists most ASRock boards in their QVLs, hence my suggestion. Check
out their website and products.
jazzyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 11:06am
Thank you
BenjaminValles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenjaminValles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 8:43pm
I've just moved from the MSI Pro Carbon X570 to the ASRock Taichi X570 and am having issues with my G.Skill Trident Z 3600 C17 Kit. When I try to boot the XMP profile at 3600mhz on the Taichi it will post but not boot to Windows. The same kit worked at this speed on the MSI mobo.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic