ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I install 4 DDR4 Memory Cards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I install 4 DDR4 Memory Cards
    Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 2:34am
This is my second computer build where I can install 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 memory cards with 0 issues, but When I try and install the 2nd pair, the PC doesn't post. What am I doing wrong£

CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 3400G
MB - ASRock X570M PRO 4
Mem - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR 4 3000 installed working fine at 8GB X 2
Trying to Install 8 GB x 4 But it won't POST

Thanx for anyone's help.. Do I have to make a change in the BIOS for it to recognize£
Dcarterusa
muziqaz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muziqaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 7:37pm
Before you place last two, boot into BIOS, check at what speeds RAM is being run. You should see that at the Main BIOS page. It should say:
Total Memory : 16384MB
DDR4_A1 : None
DDR4_A2 : 8192MB (DDR4-speed)
DDR4_B1 : None
DDR4_B2 : 8192MB (DDR4-speed)

DDR4-speed is your current memory speed. Make sure its nothing crazy or above 3000.
Keep in mind that if you bought 2 extra modules much later than the first 2 modules, there is a chance that those modules are not identical, and they might have issues working together.

After you checked what speed your memory is running, go to OC Tweaker tab, and scroll down find DRAM Voltage. Set it to what is suggested on the module sticker. It should be 1.35v or a little bit above, like 1.36/7v. If you haven't set the XMP profile up, it probably was initially running at 1.2V, which is too low.
Then save the settings check if computer starts with 2 modules with new saved settings, and then shut down the PC, remove power cable from PSU, wait for system to lose current in motherboard by pressing and holding power button on the computer case. Then add another 2 modules. Make sure they click in correctly and fully.
After installation, plug the power cable back to PSU, start the system. Hopefully now it will start. If not, then remove 2 new memory modules. Start the system, go in to BIOS, and in OC Tweaker tab select DRAM Frequency DDR4-2933Mhz. Save the settings, shutdown the system, remove power cable from PSU, release the current from motherboard, install new modules. Try starting the system. Hopefully it will start. If not, then power down the system, remove old modules and in their place put new modules to check if they work on its own, if they fail to boot, they are faulty and needs to be returned and replaced). If they do, then go to BIOS OC Tweaker section, select DRAM Frequency DDR4-2800 (I believe that's the one below 2933). Save bios settings, shutdown the system, put all the modules in. Start the system, and hopefully it will start
folding@home
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic