ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac HDMI 2 4K60 limited use issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac HDMI 2 4K60 limited use issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
eRacoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eRacoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac HDMI 2 4K60 limited use issues
    Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 3:00am
I updated my HTPC shortly with the Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac and a Intel Kaby Lake CPU to get 4K ready.

Now I have exactly the same 3D output problem... I didn't get PowerDVD to accept the Display as HDMI 1.4 3D ready.
I tried the tip with "maintain display scaling" option and after I changed this, PowerDVD detected the Display as HDMI 1.4 3D ready.
But when I start a 3D Bluray, PowerDVD show that it can't start the movie on this display and failback to 2D.

I tried nearly any intel driver option but none is working, of course I changed the resolution to 1080p and 24hz for all tests.

Is there any fix for that issue? 
I had never problems with my two old setups and the nativ HDMI 1.4 ports, I guess the problem is the HDMI 2.0 port which is provided via a DP1.2 converter chip (same as from the z170 platform).

Sadly the z270 board has no addition old HDMI port, so I can't failback to any other option on that platform. :(

Buying the most expensive mini itx board to get nativ HDMI 2.0 without external GPU and now can't run 3D...  CryCryCry

Edited by eRacoon - 01 Jul 2017 at 3:01am
-HITMAN- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -HITMAN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 6:02am
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Does Maintain Aspect Ratio work correctly in 2D?

If not, that is why it changes from Maintaining Scaling.

Can you set a Default profile to Maintain Aspect Ratio?

MAR sticks fine when playing 2D, it stays when first playing 3D, it's only when changing from 3D mode back to 2D mode, the display/s re-sync and the setting changes.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 1:26pm
Does Maintain Aspect Ratio work correctly in 2D?

If not, that is why it changes from Maintaining Scaling.

Can you set a Default profile to Maintain Aspect Ratio?
-HITMAN- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -HITMAN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:53am
Originally posted by Montoya Montoya wrote:

Are you already using this driver from Intel instead of the Asrock offered Intel driver ?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-

Yes both have exactly the same issue.

Further research led me to some disappointing/disheartening results, looks like my HTPC is just an expensive desktop, the Intel drivers have been needing a fix to this issue since mid last year and still not fixed :(

See here...

Montoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 2:49am
Are you already using this driver from Intel instead of the Asrock offered Intel driver ?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 11:54am
And I'll be of limited help here as all my ISO's go direct through ethernet to an ASUS HDP-R3 and on to my AVR via HDMI.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 11:50am
Try VLC playing those ISO's direct, bypassing those other steps. It'll take some configuring in VLC but hey thanks to Intel we have time.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 11:44am
Nice !

NOT
-HITMAN- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -HITMAN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 5:53am
Thought so, thanks wardog.

Created a support ticket with intel, took a while to describe the issue only to be met with "ERROR" our system is down at the moment, we are working on the issue, sorry for any inconvenience - doh :o
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 4:54am
Definitely Intel themselves. If it is a bug you discovered they, Intel, will need to address it in all future releases.

ASRock doesn't make nor create any component drivers themselves, instead relying on component manufacturers for the onboard devices found on their download servers.

A BIOS issue is addressable by ASRock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic