ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 steel legend polychrome didn't detect RAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raGNAgel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 steel legend polychrome didn't detect RAM
    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:37am
hello
i just bought this B450 steel legend and RAM XPG D50 spectrix white edition, as long i see this ram is support for using ASRock polychrome, but until now that i already try for install and reinstall the software, it's just a same, polychrome app didn't detect RAM

help me
how to solve this

my spec
- B450 Steel Legend
- Ryzen 5 3600
- Bios version P3.40
- RAM XPG D50 spectix white edition
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 3:00pm
Dear raGNAgel,
Thank you for the posting.

For your problem, we would like to provide a new Polychrome utility for you to verify.
Please download the utility form following link and install it to try.
ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.99: https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v2.0.99).zip

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
raGNAgel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raGNAgel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear raGNAgel,

For your problem, we would like to provide a new Polychrome utility for you to verify.
Please download the utility form following link and install it to try.
ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.99: https://download.asrock.com/Utility/RGB/PolychromeRGB(v2.0.99).zip

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

the link that you give to me is dead

also
i already using the newer version of polychrome, but still have a same problem
they won't detect the ram

ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 3:59pm
Dear raGNAgel,

Please choose "STATIC" mode in the Polychrome utility and check if the memory can be synced with this mode.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
raGNAgel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raGNAgel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 12:28am

Dear raGNAgel,

Please choose "STATIC" mode in the Polychrome utility and check if the memory can be synced with this mode.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

i try and no they won't synced
why the ram can be synced even though they didn't detect by the polychrome??
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 7:01pm
Dear raGNAgel,
Thank you for the reply

We took the B450 steel legend and RAM XPG D50 to verify and the memory RGB LED can be synced properly.

If the issue persist on your system even with the latest Polychrome utility and a clean Win10 OS, we recommend contacting the dealer or distributor of your system for physical checking and assistance.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
raGNAgel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raGNAgel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 9:29pm

Dear raGNAgel,
Thank you for the reply

We took the B450 steel legend and RAM XPG D50 to verify and the memory RGB LED can be synced properly.

If the issue persist on your system even with the latest Polychrome utility and a clean Win10 OS, we recommend contacting the dealer or distributor of your system for physical checking and assistance.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD

btw
what bios version that you're using?

i see on other forum, bios version can affect this polychrome
i using bios version P3.40 on B450 steel legend
and for windows version
i using Windows 10 Version 20H2

and for RAM
my ram doing well for RGB, at least on their software RGB, it can run normally
the only problem is not detect by this polychrome apps
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 8:35pm
Dear raGNAgel,
Thank you for the reply

Please make sure that Polychrome utility is the only RGB control utility in the system.
Kindly reinstall a clean Win 10 OS and only install the Polychrome utility to verify.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
skycowninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skycowninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 5:18am
I have the same issue with my ram not showing up in the asrock polychrome software, even after updating. It's with different ram though (Oloy sticks). So you're not alone in this problem.

Mine worked at first, but then stopped. Potentially around when installing other rgb software for other components that asrock did not support. I love that ASRock literally told you to uninstall windows to get a piece of "supported" rgb hardware to work with their software. Get Freaking wrecked!!!

And it would be fine to have the polychrome software be the only one installed, except that has never worked for me with most hardware, especially GPUs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic