ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z590 PG Velocita BIOS problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z590 PG Velocita BIOS problems.
    Posted: 19 Apr 2021 at 3:30am
Dear AsRock, you are my brand of choice. I've never had any serious problems with your products. They are excellent.

I've recently upgraded my system to following spec:
z590 PG Velocita
4000mhz RAM
Asus TUF 3090
Samsung 960 Pro
Samsung 970 Evo

The initial build and install was rock solid running with CAM/ReBar. But I was waiting for BIOS update that enabled ABT.

I initially upgraded to BIOS 1.10 - which immediately brought some instability. With my setup I can trigger almost a guaranteed crash with 1.10 running maxed out Dota2 replays - about 10-20 min in. It happens every time.

A lot of other games seem stable with 1.10 but will also occasionally crash with what appears to be memory corruption (I could be wrong).

When you released 1.30 - I updated immediately - and began to have colossal problem with stability in real-time 3d.

Everything was crashing 5-10 min in. I've tested with:
PUBG
Dota2
Control
Doom Eternal

All these games processes would crash, sometimes taking windows down with it with BSOD. I genuinely thought I fried something in the system - not enough to brick it but enough to make it unstable.

As I retraced my steps and returned the system to BIOS 1.10 - stability returned, but it would still crash on occasion. So I've gone back to BIOS 1.0 - which made the system as stable as when I first built it. It is rock solid.

So please look into issues with your BIOS 1.10 and 1.30, latter one is really bad for me.

Thank you.

enko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 7:21am
Update:

The latest update 1.40 has resolved all my problems. Absolutely stable with CAM & ABT enabled.

It looks like memory profiles were updated resulting in different settings being detected for my RAM - specifically command rate went from N1 to N2.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 2:03pm
Thanks for the update, enjoy your system
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic