ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRX40 Creator - "Code 54" After Reboot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Moose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRX40 Creator - "Code 54" After Reboot
    Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Rogash1 Rogash1 wrote:

I'm still facing this issue in 2022 with the newest bios version 1.83. Was anyone able to resolve the problem so far?

Haven't seen the issue for a long time now.
Also using 1.83 currently and it is working fine.

Try restoring your BIOS to defaults and then reflashing your bios with the same latest version and then restoring to default once again and see if it does it at default settings (you might want to disable bitlocker in Windows first if that is applicable).

Rogash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 11:02pm
I'm still facing this issue in 2022 with the newest bios version 1.83. Was anyone able to resolve the problem so far?
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 8:00pm
Very strange indeed, not had an issue like this apparently magically fix itself before. Might be worth cleaning the gold contacts on the memory with a soft white artists eraser and ensuring the DIMM slots are clear of any dust and general debris. Has Windows done any updates recently? Perhaps one of those did something to remedy the problem. Chalk this one up to one of lifes little mysteries for now I guess.
Moose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2021 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by ket ket wrote:

Thats weird but not unheard of, didn't we already try resetting CMOS defaults a few times and it didn't work? Might be a hidden setting, or more likely the auto settings have changed one or two settings thats a very common occurrence, and why I'm not a fan of auto settings on mainboards. Use ZenTimings to have a peek at what timings the board is using now and if you have one compare them to an older screenshot when the board was using auto timings to see if anything is different.

Yes, did try BIOS reset a few times. Just had a look at ZenTimings and everything is the same as originally posted (post #7). Very strange.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2021 at 7:18pm
Thats weird but not unheard of, didn't we already try resetting CMOS defaults a few times and it didn't work? Might be a hidden setting, or more likely the auto settings have changed one or two settings thats a very common occurrence, and why I'm not a fan of auto settings on mainboards. Use ZenTimings to have a peek at what timings the board is using now and if you have one compare them to an older screenshot when the board was using auto timings to see if anything is different.
Moose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 3:00am
Well, believe it or not but after restoring the BIOS to defaults and configuring the same existing settings one-by-one, the issue has gone away. But I left all voltage and timings on Auto as well which was the same as initial testing. The only difference I can think of is I was saving and loading configurations, maybe there was a hidden setting being changed or something when loading a configuration. I have been in contact with ASRock support about this recently so will pass on this information. I also found that Overclocking is disabled when TSME is enabled (the BIOS menu disappears and Ryzen Master stops supporting it).
Moose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 1:58am
Thanks for the suggestions to try anyway, I just tried with CMD2T set to 2T and PowerDown disabled as well as reducing the frequency to as low as 2666MHz and it still occurs unfortunately.

Furthermore, Asrock list a similar Kingston ECC (KSM26ED8/16ME) as supported which is Micron but is Dual-rank and mine is Single-rank though so may be a factor:
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/TRX40%20Creator/#Memory

I mean the system is stable, it's just this reboot issue maybe it is something else but the code 54 seems to indicate memory. There's loads of BIOS settings available not even mentioned in the manual so maybe more things to try.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 1:25am
Micron is a real pain on Ryzen, the only CPUs I have that (kind of) run Micron memory happily are based on Zen+. Hynix based memory works very well on Zen, Zen+, Zen2, etc though. As does the now old and ever growing in expense B-Die. You could try switching CMD2T to 2T to see if that works, disabling PowerDown might help too. Outside of that though I think you're out of luck unless you're happy to reduce the memory frequency a bit.
Moose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:12pm
Tried all that and still the same.
The BIOS wouldn't allow a lower value than 0.9v for VDDG.

This is the datasheet for the memory, it is the Micron variant:
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KSM32ES8_16ME.pdf

This is what ZenTimings looks like after all these changes:

ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm
Do you know what ICs your memory is using? (You can get that infor with Thaiphoon Burner) Quite a lot stands out there;

1. Disable GDM (Gear Down Mode)
2. ProcODT should be ok at 60 Ohms but you can try 68 Ohms as you're running 4x sticks.
3. Try reducing VDDG voltage I've found on the 3000 series at least if that voltage is set too high it can actually negatively impact stability, on my 3700X with 32GB 3600MHz Klevv BoltX I have it set to 0.85v, it could probably go even lower than this. Try 0.9v and slowly work your way down to see if that makes a difference.
4. You have a lot of oddly aggressively set timings considering you are running 4 sticks across all DIMM banks. Try changing TRRDS to 6 or 7, TRRDL to 9 or 10, TFAW try 45, TWTRS try 6 or 8, TWRWRSD & TWRWRDD try 7 or 8, try a TCKE of 9. Lastly TRDRDSD & TRDRDDD might be a little tight as well try a value of 5 or 6.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic