ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to unbrick my corrupted bios £

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:15am
Originally posted by harlock59 harlock59 wrote:

[QUOTE=RLGL]   

how can i clear cmos if i removed power cord because i thought the clear cmos needed power cord plugged in...
Look in your manual and find the location on the board for "Clear c-mos jumper" Touch the 2 pins together with a small metal object such as a screwdriver.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

harlock59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlock59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 8:08am
don't I need while clearing cmos to press power button ?
harlock59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlock59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 8:11am
i also have a question about where to place my m.2 ssd, at first i placed it up, near the pci-express slots but after reading the manual, i realized i in fact had to preferably place it down right of the motherboard near the sata ports is that correct ?
harlock59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlock59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 8:13am
i thought that the "ultra m.2" sticker meaned that it was faster, that's why i placed it there
harlock59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlock59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 10:38am
I know since long time how to clear cmos, but i've always thought it needed power but you told me to press several times power button, so that should discharge the capacitors, so if i clear cmos after will that might work ?
harlock59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harlock59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by RLGL RLGL wrote:

Originally posted by harlock59 harlock59 wrote:

[QUOTE=RLGL]   

how can i clear cmos if i removed power cord because i thought the clear cmos needed power cord plugged in...
Look in your manual and find the location on the board for "Clear c-mos jumper" Touch the 2 pins together with a small metal object such as a screwdriver.

i know where the pins are because it's printed on the motherboard pcb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic