ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updating ASRock B450 Pro4 Bios without CPU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kato1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating ASRock B450 Pro4 Bios without CPU
    Posted: 09 May 2021 at 3:51pm
Is it possible to update the bios of this particular motherboard without any compatible CPU? I read that it can be updated from flash drive, but I don't know whether I can do it without any compatible CPU. I only have a ryzen 5 3600 and I see on the motherboard page that the support for ryzen 5 3600 starts at version P3.20. So that means I have to update the bios right?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:18pm
my b450m pro4 shipped with bios 3.9 installed

why do you think yours has an earlier bios ?

there should be a small sticker on ther actual boards bios chip stating what version it was shipped with
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
kato1995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kato1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:36pm
Hey thanks a lot! I am quite new in pc building. Well the last pc I build was like 6 years ago and my friend picked the part for me. First time picking a part myself so I don't really know about how I should check my bios version without turning on the computer.

I haven't built my new pc until today because I don't want to reassemble it in case the bios was not compatible with my CPU and the store that I bought the Motherboard from is currently having a long holiday.

I honestly thought that every motherboard is shipped with the base non updated version of the bios. Haha. Upon you posting this reply I checked my bios chip and there is P4.2 written there. According to the website 4.2 should be the latest BIOS version of the board. So I should be good to go! Thanks a bunch!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic