ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Device connect/disconnect continuously

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Device connect/disconnect continuously
    Posted: 16 May 2021 at 12:19pm
I have a Z390 Phantom gaming 6. From 24 hours ago it continuously plays the device connected then device disconnected sound.

Devices and Printers on Windows 10 1809 LTSC shows the device appear with the yellow triangle as an unknown USB device. If we remove the device it is recreated a few seconds later.

A couple of seconds after the device connects it disconnects. This goes on endlessly.

We have reinstalled the chipset drivers.
No Windows updates have been installed recently.
We have tried removing the mouse, keyboard from the rear USB ports and the Headphones from the fron USB port.
I have disconnected the front case ports from the motherboard
I have a Corsair HX750i PSU. It has a USB cable to the motherboard for monitoring PSU via Corsair link. I have disconnected that cable.

In device manager there are no device details shown. Only an error code 22.

Does this sound like a motherboard failing?

Are there other things I can try to isolate what the cause might be?

The Retail store I bought this from has shonky RMA practices. They've been fined 3 times by the Australian consumer watchdog but still refuse to warrant products they sell. I've since stopped buying there but I have several products from the past, this motherboard being one.

Last time this happened, as ASRock don't have a presence in Australia, ASRock said I had to return the product to Taiwan, which was going to cost more than the purchase price of the product. Even ASRock eventually just refused to warrant their product.

If not a motherboard problem, any ideas on what else I could look at?

RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 3:55am
Possibly this:
AMD fix
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Areenak1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Areenak1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 3:04pm
You could try anything because you have it on the TCP /IP standard port. Right-click your printer and go to printer properties in your printer folder (not properties). To configure port, click on the Ports tab. A "SNMP Protocol enabled" checkbox is displayed. Select and click Apply to this box. Try that now. The port used by this protocol is sometimes blocked. When I unchecked this, I never had a negative result.
Recently check a cheap label printer for home use and it's amazing.
TanC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Areenak1 Areenak1 wrote:

You could try anything because you have it on the TCP /IP standard port. Right-click your printer and go to printer properties in your printer folder (not properties). To configure port, click on the Ports tab. A "SNMP Protocol enabled" checkbox is displayed. Select and click Apply to this box. Try that now. The port used by this protocol is sometimes blocked. When I unchecked this, I never had a negative result.

I'm sorry, I don't follow this.

I have what on the standard port?

There are no printers attached to the computer.
TanC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by RLGL RLGL wrote:

Possibly this:
AMD fix

It's an Intel board and CPU
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic