ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Resizable BAR support for X299

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 6:02pm
Hi badaz,

Thank you for your post.

Please update the BIOS P2.00B for the CAM function. The BIOS file's download link is as below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRzgtZZL0IsmCqumz9SQYMAe19MT4OgV/view?usp=sharing

After updating BIOS, please follow the instructions below to enable "CAM".

1.boot into BIOS and go to the "boot" page, then go to "CSM"
2.Disabled "CSM"
3.Go to Advanced\chipset configuration, then enable "Above 4G" and "CAM"

Please make sure you are using the AMD RX6000 series or the NVIDIA 30 series with the vBIOS which supports Resizable BAR.

I linked the instant flash SOP as below.
https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8

If you have other questions, please feel free to contact us.

All the best,
ASRock TSD
badaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 6:52pm
Hello,

thank you for your quick answer. I flashed the 2.00B Bios you sent me, then followed your insturctions, however, whenever I enable C.A.M support in Bios (having disabled CSM as well), I get 5 long beeps on next reboot and I have to clear the Bios before the system can boot normally again. My GPU is an MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 10GB OC, and I have flashed the latest Bios for it (with resizable support). GPU-Z reports that GPU hardware support for Resizable BAR is enabled. Actually in the GPU-Z "PCIe Resizable BAR" section, every flag is "yes" (except for "Resizable BAR enabled in BIOS" which I cannot enable without getting the 5 long beeps problem). Are you aware of this problem ? My CPU is an i7 7740X. Thanks
badaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 6:53pm
Above 4G is enabled is BIOS too
Uggis007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uggis007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2021 at 6:05am
Is it possible to get the bios update for the x299 OC Formula ?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 5:24pm
Hi Uggis007,

Thank you for your post.

Please update the BIOS P2.00B for the CAM function. The BIOS file's download link is as below.

https//drive.google.com/file/d/1ZikA7dayT1iC8YsJHTDwyi5pcmafOjjx/view?usp=sharing

1.boot into BIOS and Go to Advanced\chipset configuration
2.enable "Above 4G" and "CAM"
3.Disabled "CSM".

Please make sure you are using the AMD RX6000 series or the NVIDIA 30 series with the vBIOS which supports Resizable BAR.

All the best,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 28 Jun 2021 at 10:12am
cormsok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cormsok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 7:18pm
Will this bios update apply to the x299 steel legend board as well?
Thanks
Regards Cormac
badaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 2:50am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Hi badaz,

Thank you for your post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRzgtZZL0IsmCqumz9SQYMAe19MT4OgV/view?usp=sharing

1.boot into BIOS and go to the "boot" page, then go to "CSM"
2.Disabled "CSM"
3.Go to Advanced\chipset configuration, then enable "Above 4G" and "CAM"

All the best,
ASRock TSD

Hello,

I tried again today, having previously flashed the 2.00B BIOS you sent me, but I cannot find a set of parameters that does not result in the 5 beeps when C.A.M. is enabled in BIOS.

Here is my config :
- Intel 7740X (Kaby Lake X)
- Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac (BIOS v2.00B, the one you linked)
- MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 10GB OC (VBIOS 94.02.42.00.2B with ResizableBar capability - see GPU-Z screenshot)

BIOS settings :
- CSM : disabled
- Above 4G : enabled
- C.A.M. : enabled

I still get the 5 beeps and no display. I also have to clear CMOS in order to get my display back.

I tried plugging my monitor into every GPU outputs in turn (DP 1, DP 2, DP 3, hdmi) but the machine still emits 5 beeps and nothing more happens.

Is there any known bugs with this beta BIOS?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 4:39pm
Hi Badaz,

Thank you for your testing.

Because we don't have MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 10GB OC in our lab, we tested MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 8GB OC instead of it.

The system can boot up and working fine with C.A.M enabled.

Here is our test config:
X299 Killer SLI/ac 2.00B
MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 8GB OC with resizable-bar vBIOS

We recommend contacting MSI to check if they have any advice about this question.

All the best
ASRock TSD
badaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 11:53pm

Hi Badaz,

Thank you for your testing.

Because we don't have MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 10GB OC in our lab, we tested MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 8GB OC instead of it.

The system can boot up and working fine with C.A.M enabled.

Here is our test config:
X299 Killer SLI/ac 2.00B
MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 8GB OC with resizable-bar vBIOS

We recommend contacting MSI to check if they have any advice about this question.

All the best
ASRock TSD

Hello, I just got an answer from MSI support who told me that this GPU (MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 10GB OC) with this VBIOS (94.02.42.00.2B) was fully compatible with ResizableBar, and that I should ask Asrock support... Well, if you do not have an MSI RTX 3080 Ventus for testing then I guess I'm screwed until you have one?
Florin9doi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Florin9doi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 5:26am

Hello, you have anything prepared for Taichi XE?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic