ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PC Modding > Project Build&Share
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 1st Build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 1st Build
    Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 11:59am
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums, ASRock mobo's, and new to custom building. Most I've ever done was upgrade parts in oem computers. Turned a 2007 Dell Dimension E521 into a mid-range gamer. When I first got the Dell, it had 2 gb's DDr2 5300 ram, an amd athlon 64 x2 dual-core 1.9ghz, a 305w psu, and windows xp, and no video card. I upgraded the 1.9ghz to a 6000+ 3 ghz dual-core 89w Windsor edition, 8gb's of ddr2 6400 dual-channel, a 550w psu, windows 7 64 bit, and a evga nvidia geforce gt620. Had it past 3-4 years. It ran good for most games out. Got ahold of GTA V. Ran it ok enough to play, but too much stutter, lag, vehicles too slow to keep up with anyone playing on 60+ fps or more rig. So, I figured it was time to do a complete computer upgrade, build something capable of playing my games really good. I didn't have a lot of money to go on. Bought majority of the stuff for my new build on ebay. I found a good case on Craigslist for $35. The kind of computer case I have wanted for many years. (Since this company started making computers). So, with my cheap budget, I created this:

Case/Chasis: Pre-Dell Alienware Area 51
Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme4
CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.6ghz Quad-Core
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX Red Series DDR3 1866 8gb kit (2x 4gb)
Vid Card: Evga nvidia GeForce GTX 950 SSC ACX 2.0 2GB DDR5
PSU: Replace Power 850w w/140mm red led fan
HDD/s: WD 500gb 7200, WD Blue Caviar 1Tb 7200, WD 250gb 7200, 32gb Sandisk ReadyCache
Lights: 2 Dual 12" Cold Cathode Kits. 1 blue kit, 1 Red Kit. (Mixed sets, 1 blue/red on bottom of case, 1 blue/red in top of case).
Case Fans: 1x 120mm Blue Led, 2x 80mm Blue Led, 3x 80mm Red Led.
Audio: Realtek 7.1 (Creative 5.1 surround system w/sub connected)
Headphones/mic: Kotion Each G4000 Red Led.
Keyboard/Mouse: Generic gaming keyboard w/3-Led (changeable w/keystroke)/iHome 5-button w/dpi mode button (6-button).

I'll be upgrading the cpu to an FX-8000 or 9000 series 8-core cpu pretty soon. I bought an 850w psu to replace the 550w. (Figure I might as well, since I have all the lights and will be adding more stuff to it). Will be upgrading the video card with a better one. Like I said, cheap budget here, so I've got a bid going on a dual-fan evga nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti ftw. 2gb ddr5 on ebay. Will definately be better than the gt620 I currently have. I would love to get ahold of Alienware desktop gui software or themes. If anyone know where I can find some, let me know. I've already contacted Alienware. No help there. Gave me links to pages I already checked and DL's either not there at all, or broken/garbage links. Only thing I've found were some wallpapers. one wallpaper was of a system, just like mine...lmao. Well, enjoy and let me know what you think ppl. Thanks, GeneralChaos.

(Update): I won the bid for the 750ti on ebay. $91. $15 for ship/hand. Not bad. Will have a better time playing all my games now. Well, someone let me know what they think so far. Will add more to this soon. BTW: The light behind the little alien face on the front media bay door still works. The case was originally the silver color, but the guy I bought the case from off craigslist had painted it blue. The faces and inside the bay door were all an orangish color. I painted those all red. 

(Update 2): I got the 750ti FTW card, used it for like  a month, then saw an ad on CL for  a dual fan 950 SSC ACX 2.0 for $130. Talked the guy down to $100. Now I'm running it. Also installed a 850w PSU w/140mm red led fan.   

"Know This, Do This!!!"

Edited by GeneralChaos - 12 Mar 2016 at 4:52am
"Know This, Do This!!!"
mgrandy@hotmail.co.u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrandy@hotmail.co.u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:13am
the 750 ti is a great card i have the gtx 4gb ddr 5 version max settings on most games gta v maxed uses about 3.7 ;P

get rid of the stock cooler thou if it is that. there generally loud a close loop system should fit that case and there under $50 i think if your planning on going fx9000 then your going to need h100 style atleast i would imagine, but bay of e you can pick up a referb for £65 new £110 

then ur gtg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic