ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Black Screen after update the BIOS on BeeBox N3150
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Screen after update the BIOS on BeeBox N3150

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vtancer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Screen after update the BIOS on BeeBox N3150
    Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 8:06am
Hello everyone. I own 2 day new BeeBox N3150 with 2x4GB of RAM an 128GB of mSATA hard drive. Today I try update BIOS to the last one from Windows 10 directly. After restarting black screen apear. I can't enter even to the BIOS anymore with pressing DEL or F2 button but BeeBox still working and can start only no picture to the screen.

What can I  do to resolve the problem? Please help me. Thank you for solutions in advance.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 3:43pm
Open the manual to learn how to clear the BIOS. It involves opening it up, removing the battery and shorting the two CLRCMOS pads.

All is explained in the manual.
vtancer2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vtancer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 6:14pm
Thank you for quick answer. I resolve this black screen problem with clearing the CMOS data. Where can find CMOS Pad is explained in the manual on the page 6. I noticed that my BIOS is still on P1.10.Smile
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 6:31pm
This has been posted by ASRock_TSD before but I will post it here too.

Edited by Xaltar - 02 Feb 2016 at 6:31pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by vtancer2 vtancer2 wrote:

Thank you for quick answer. I resolve this black screen problem with clearing the CMOS data. Where can find CMOS Pad is explained in the manual on the page 6. I noticed that my BIOS is still on P1.10.Smile

Glad to hear you rescued it.

In the future DO NOT flash any BIOS from within Windows. Doing so, while seemingly "simple' , only invites disaster, as you've discovered.

Instead use the Instant Flash method and file. If you don't understand how to use Instant Flash post back and myself or another here will guide you.
vtancer2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vtancer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 9:04pm
I will be very appreciated if you write exact guidance to update the BIOS. I tried your post in practice but didn't succeed. At first I formated two USB keys 4GB and 8GB to FAT32. Than I downloaded bios file N3150-NUC(P1.30)ROM to the computer which I downloaded before from Asrock site and unziped. On two USB keys I copied only file N315NUC1.30 that I unziped before. Than I restart the BeeBox with constantly presing on F6 to start with "Instant Flash". Instant Flash froze my screen and nothing happened. After ten minutes I unpluged power supply cord and plug-in again. The same was happened when I tried instantly flash from another USB key. I was tried even with FAT16 and it's the same.

Please make exact procedure how to upgrade the BIOS. Thank you in advance.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 4:43am
1. Insert either 4 or 8gb stick with the Instant Flash file into the BeeBox

2. Start it or reboot and enter the BIOS(no spamming the F6 key)

3. Navigate to the Tools Menu

4. Select Instant Flash, and your stick with the 1.30 file should appear

5. Click the 1.30 BIOS files and Instant Flash should take off and flash

6. When Instant Flash is finished you'll be prompted to reboot, and here then, reboot

Edited by wardog - 03 Feb 2016 at 4:44am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 4:46am
Note: The N315NUC1.30 file should reside on a freshly formatted FAT32 stick, in the root directory

<usb drive>:\N315NUC1.30

Nothing else should be on the drive, just N315NUC1.30

Edited by wardog - 03 Feb 2016 at 4:48am
vtancer2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vtancer2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:12am
Thank you again. I will try this procedure tomorrow. It is 10 p.m. in Slovenia.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:13am
Good night.

Post back your results please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic