ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No post when connected to TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No post when connected to TV
    Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 1:39pm
I have a Z590 Taichi in my new build and I am connected to my Samsung 4K TV with an HDMI cable from the GPU. When I try to boot the PC, I get Error 97. If I connect it to my wife's cheap Dell monitor that she uses for work, it has no such issue.

I have had this TV since 2014 and have connected at least half a dozen PCs to it with no problem. I actually have it connected through my Denon AVR, but it has the same issue if connected directly to the TV. If I use a Display Port output from the GPU with a DP to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable connected to my TV, it works fine. I currently have it connected that way, just to get past the POST. If I have to reboot, it will get past POST because it sees the TV on the DP.

I don't know that I have ever had a computer that needed to be connected to a monitor to complete a POST. What if I wanted to use remote desktop and not have a monitor connected to my PC? This is a $450 board. Why do I need a monitor? Why do I need a specific type of monitor or cable interface to get through the POST?

Can anybody help me make sense of this?
Z590 Taichi
i7-11700K
Vengeance LPX 3200 (2x16)
Geforce 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Supernova 850 G+ PSU
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic