ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - No BIOS Video Output

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eryxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Phantom Gaming 4 - No BIOS Video Output
    Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:29pm
I recently installed this brand new motherboard and AMD Ryzen7 5800X, however, I do not see ANY output from the UEFI BIOS, either upon initial boot nor using the ASRock Boot to UEFI utility within Win10, nothing except black monitors.

I have already cleared the CMOS via the motherboard jumper, still seeing no video from the BIOS.

Any/all assistance appreciated.
Eryxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eryxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 12:34am
More info: This new BIOS has never been updated, the new build actually booted fine using the drives/Win10 from the previous motherboard, until that image apparently became corrupted from a failed driver update.
Without any BIOS display, I am unable to recover the previously backed-up image or even reload Windows from scratch.
Eryxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eryxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 4:50am
Resolved this one on my own.

For whatever reason, the secondary GPU in PCIe3 was preventing the primary GPU in PCIe1 from outputting the BIOS graphics, resulting in black monitors until Win10 loaded.

Disabling the secondary GPU by disconnecting the power connector allowed the BIOS graphics to display normally again.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 7:46pm
Thats actually pretty normal behaviour on a multi monitor setup. Check the UEFI for an option to specifically tell it to output a display on PCIe 1 (primary PCIe 16x slot) first, and make sure your primary monitor is connected to the primary GPU in the display output the GPU considers to be primary (usually the right most display output port).

Edited by ket - 15 Jun 2021 at 7:47pm
TnF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TnF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:59pm
Just registered to comment on this... YOU ASROCK AND YOUR sh*tTY BIOS!

I had this problem and drove me insane, i had to remove the secondary video card complete as NONE at any port would display video output!

And the stupid thing reset my perfectly fine bios profile after i disassembled to clean it (for whatever reason failed to post and auto-reset). At least i had it saved so i reloaded it.
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:06pm
That sounds more like a dead CMOS battery, can't comment on the GPU part as to be frank I haven't used an Asrock board since the X470 days where I consider Asrock boards to now be a rather poor choice for a build - expensive and lacking features compared to other manufacturers. Dual BIOS for example in the event of a bad flash.

Edited by ket - 18 Oct 2022 at 11:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic