ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

970 EVO is not being detected by AB350M PRO4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 970 EVO is not being detected by AB350M PRO4
    Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 9:50pm
Hello, I was running out of disk space so I decided to buy an NVME SSD from Samsung, the model I'm trying to install is this one; https://www.samsung.com/nl/memory-storage/nvme-ssd/970-evo-nvme-m-2-ssd-1tb-mz-v7e1t0bw/

I'm just really confused as to why its not showing up in the bios.
My bios version is 4.7 and I cannot seem to update it, I tried updating it to 6.6 but it froze after selecting the installation file. It doesn't update when I select the network flash either.

My cpu is a 1700x and my motherboard is a AB350M PRO4, the NVME drive is installed in the Ultra M.2 slot.

Any help would be much appreciated.
minven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 10:21pm
Just updated the bios to 5.9 and the m2 drive still isn't detected
minven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2021 at 11:01pm
updated to the latest bios, still no drive detected. Also tried switching my gpu's pci to no result
minven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 3:35am
Alright so after more hours of troubleshooting and looking for answers, I've come to the conclusion that either my mobo slot or drive is dead.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic