ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 Short Beeps on z590m Phantom Gaming 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomascgty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 Short Beeps on z590m Phantom Gaming 4
    Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 7:29pm
New computer build. 5 Beep Codes while powering on.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10850k (New)
Motherboard: ASRock z590m Phantom Gaming 4 (New)
RAM: HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz (New)
SSD: Silicon Power A60 1TB (New)
GPU: XFX RX 560 4GB (Used)

Initially, I had to replace the CMOS battery because it the POST LED on the motherboard showed a solid red lit for VGA and Boot. At this time, I did not install the motherboard buzzer/speaker (I forgot to connect it). So if any beep codes were present at the time, I did not hear it.

After replacing the CMOS battery, my monitor displayed the ASRock logo; then, installed Windows and required drivers from the CD.

I connected the RX 560. No display on monitor if connect the monitor's HDMI cable to the RX560. Moved the HDMI cable to onboard video. Windows booted up. But Device Manager does not show the RX 560.

I restarted the PC. Went into the UEFI settings, enabled the IGPU Multi-monitor. Saved and Exit. Rebooted. Windows finally listed the RX 560 hardware on the device manager.

After installing the up to date AMD drivers for the RX560, I disabled the onboard graphics via Device Manager and to only use the discrete RX 560.

Last night, I remembered there was a motherboard buzzer/speaker that came with the computer case. I connected that motherboard buzzer/speaker. After powering on, 5 short beeps, then booted up into Windows. Every time I reboot my PC, there is that 5 short beep codes.

And whenever I play a game, specifically World of Tanks; the game loads fine. However, the moment I press any key on the keyboard; the screen just goes blank with either white/silver vertical thin lines across the monitor or some other color like blue or green or sometimes just black.

I did not saw any pins on the CPU when I was installing it. So it can't be bent CPU pins.
thomascgty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomascgty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by thomascgty thomascgty wrote:

And whenever I play a game, specifically World of Tanks; the game loads fine. However, the moment I press any key on the keyboard; the screen just goes blank with either white/silver vertical thin lines across the monitor or some other color like blue or green or sometimes just black.

I did not saw any pins on the CPU when I was installing it. So it can't be bent CPU pins.

Clarification... that display issue happens on the gameplay screen. I am able to navigate while inside the game client. But as soon as I get matched with other players to play against. On the gameplay screen (or battle screen), once I press any key on the keyboard, the display goes to what I described earlier that I had to reboot the PC.

So I get 5 beep codes, disabled the onboard video, and gets that display issue using the RX 560.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomascgty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 7:45pm

Clarification... that display issue happens on the gameplay screen. I am able to navigate while inside the game client. But as soon as I get matched with other players to play against. On the gameplay screen (or battle screen), once I press any key on the keyboard, the display goes to what I described earlier that I had to reboot the PC.

So I get 5 beep codes, disabled the onboard video, and gets that display issue using the RX 560.

I re-enabled the onboard Intel UHD 630. Rebooted Windows. Same 5 beeps.

Is my RX 560 bad?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomascgty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 7:55pm

I re-enabled the onboard Intel UHD 630. Rebooted Windows. Same 5 beeps.

Is my RX 560 bad?

I removed the RX 560 hardware. 5 short beeps are gone.
ericepp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericepp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:46am
Five Beeps means it doesn't detect a video adapter.

I have had many issues with my Z590 Taichi board. Cannot just use an HDMI to my TV I have to have a Display Port connection (using an adapter) to my TV on an unused HDMI port in order for the board to post.

Also, I cant get it to boot with 4 identical sticks of ram. Either two kits work fine, but 4 is a no go. They are different version numbers of the same exact ram (one is Ver 3.32 and the other is 3.44).

I have never had these types of problems with a motherboard before. Not to mention that I have had to RMA it twice. First two boards had power bus issues. I wonder if the lower priced boards have these type of issues. What's the point of buying a $450 motherboard if it is going to be this finicky?
Z590 Taichi
i7-11700K
Vengeance LPX 3200 (2x16)
Geforce 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Supernova 850 G+ PSU
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic