ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi Windows 10 shows no drives

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:43am
Originally posted by AtomicPlayboy AtomicPlayboy wrote:

I found this thread hunting for an issue with my system and to see if later BIOS releases fixed it.

My system was one of the original ones built, as such I have upgraded through every BIOS revision for the X570 TaiChi that has every been released. When I went form 3.8 to 4.0, I lost all my hard drives. I played with enabling and disabling resizable bar and the like, but I could find no setting configuration that would bring back my NVME drives with BIOS 4.0 As such I made notes in my logs and reverted back to version 3.8.

I believe BIOS 4.2 had a note on it that you would not be able to revert back if you installed that version. Accordingly before I move forward I'm looking for someone who has had this issue and solved it with the 4.XX series of BIOS. I want to avoid installing a BIOS version that disables my HD's to further be unable to roll back the BIOS to the last know good BIOS 3.8.

TLDR; Install BIOS 3.8 and I would expect you will be able to see your HD's again.

what are your PC specs? CPU?. NVME drives? Memory? GPU? PSU?

Edited by ThreeDee - 20 Sep 2021 at 7:44am
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic