FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

I think my B560M Pro4 motherboard just died

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think my B560M Pro4 motherboard just died
    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 5:08pm
I would look into replacing that PSU to be on the safe side, the last thing you
want is to take out other components if it blows up on you. I typically replace
my PSU after any kind of power related issue, even when it doesn't seem to be the
culprit. I have learned the hard way not to take chances with power delivery.
Trenico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 11:46am
I bought a new ASUS motherboard and it's working perfectly fine now. Such a shame the ASRock mobo didn't even last 1 month, also for some reason the coil whine sound the PSU was making was because of the motherboard, it is not making the same sound on the new one.

The PSU was not the problem, and fortunately all the components are still working.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 11:53am
Try a different PSU if you can. I have had a PSU die on me that would not power
up one system then seemed to work fine on another. In less than a day it stopped
working all together on the other system.
Trenico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 11:28am
I just did that, even left it out for 5 hours, with everything disconnected and pressed the reset button and the power button to discharge the remaining electricity, but it's the same. When I turn the PSU on, the RGB light just flickers and turns off.

Also, I am hearing a very low noise when I put my hear on the PSU while it's connected, I think it's coil whine but I might be wrong. I tested the PSU yesterday and it was working fine.

Any other suggestion?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:31pm
Disconnect the power from the motherboard, all connections from the PSU and leave
it disconnected like this for at least an hour. While you have it disconnected
remove the CMOS battery. Once you have let it sit like this connect it back up
and replace the battery and try to power it up again.
Trenico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trenico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 11:35am
I have been using the ASRock B560M PRO4/AC motherboard on my new build for 3 weeks now and yesterday I put my PC on "Sleep" mode for about 3 hours, when I came back, I didn't wake up. I tried to reboot my PC, unplug the power, turn off the PSU and nothing worked.

Previously, the RGB lights from the motherboard used to be on all the time even when it was turned off, but since then, they are off all the time, I tried switching the PSU on and off and when I switch it on, the RGB light on the motherboard flashes very fast and turns off.

I already discarded a PSU failure and also I tried leaving only the CPU and the CPU fan connected and turning on the PC but the fans will not spin, there is not even a red light indicating an error.

I bought this motherboard almost 2 months ago so I cannot return it unfortunately. Is there anything else I can try?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic