ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HDD not accessible after sleep with X570 & Zen 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HDD not accessible after sleep with X570 & Zen 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockassx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HDD not accessible after sleep with X570 & Zen 3
    Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:36pm

Hi all.

I was a happy customer with X570 Steel Legend with the BIOS 3.70 + Ryzen 9 3900X.

However, after I put Ryzen 9 5900X in it, things got terrible.

On Windows 10, after sleep & resume, 2 SATA HDD drives disappeared while the primary SSD is fine.

Then I disabled hybrid sleep in the power settings, and those 2 HDDs came back, however when I access some of the folders in these drives after resume, some folders and files become inaccessible.

I tried changing all options in BIOS such as ACPI settings and Wake Up settings and SATA power settings (auto -> all enabled now), but still no luck.

In the advanced power settings of Windows, I changed the time-to-sleep for HDD to zero, disabled PCI Express link power control and USB selective suspend, but still no luck.

Can anyone advise what to do next other than buying another motherboard from another vendor?
Khun_Doug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 2:18am
I suggest opening a bug ticket with Asrock regarding your issue. Obviously there is something with your motherboard, CPU and BIOS combination that has an error with the SATA interfaces. I doubt this is something related to Windows.
rockassx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockassx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Khun_Doug Khun_Doug wrote:

I suggest opening a bug ticket with Asrock regarding your issue. Obviously there is something with your motherboard, CPU and BIOS combination that has an error with the SATA interfaces. I doubt this is something related to Windows.
Thanks, by a ticket do you mean submitting a support request via this form?
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
Khun_Doug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khun_Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2021 at 5:05am
Yes, that looks like the correct place. Asrock should request enough hardware information. Explain that it worked until you went to a newer CPU and then it broke.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic