ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cant enter BIOS of B460M STEEL LEGEND

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amaln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cant enter BIOS of B460M STEEL LEGEND
    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:51am
I am using Asrock B460M steel legend with bios v. p1.50 . Unable to enter bios by pressing f2 or delete key . OS is windows 10 64 bit . Kindly help .
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 4:31pm
Hi Amaln,

Thank you for your post.

Please try the below suggestions to boot into BIOS.

1.Simply remove all your storage and press [F2] during the post-stage.

2.Boot into OS first, and then hold [shift] when you press the "restart". Then go to Troubleshoot\Advanced\Options\UEFI Firmware Settings. The system will automatically boot into BIOS after the restart.

All the best
ASRock TSD
bentovaladas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bentovaladas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 2:38pm
What is you grafics card and display? I had the same problem whith my gtx 1060 and the displayport 1.3 and 1.4, have to update the grafics card firmware. Here is the link, se if your grafics card is listed.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/
Amaln View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amaln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 12:45pm
bentovaladas , thanks for your suggestion . f2 / delete was not responding . Then I tried Restart to UEFI program from Asrock mb utility , and it Failed . Removing storage also failed to boot the machine into BIOS. I contact with the dealer in our town and he could not solve it . Lastly I zeroed on the graphics card as per your advice. Previously I was using a 1050ti and recently I replaced it with a ASUS STRIX RX580 8 GB . Changed the card to the 1050 ti and everything solved . Thanks again for the help . Using the 1050ti now and f2 is working .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic