ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock B550M Pro4 reboots PCIe X4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TechLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock B550M Pro4 reboots PCIe X4
    Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 11:32pm
Hi,

I wanted to update here, maybe someone else will hit the same issue.
The reason for the reboots was a dedicated sound card (Asus Xonar DSX). The following was happening:
- PC was stable with GPU GTX 1660 Super - PCI-E was AUTO - Gen3
- When I connected an RTX card PCI-E switched to Gen4 and computer started to reboot - the fix was to manually set Gen3 in BIOS

IT seems that Gen4 is more strict and if you have some equipment which uses PCI-E lanes which is not up to the standards your computer will reboot. I found other forum posts where people with Xonars and Ryzens 3000 and 5000 were experiencing reboots.

nakabu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nakabu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 8:08am
many thanks 4 thats PCIE sharing

i got that same issues on my OLD SCHOOL PC. it's keep RAN'DOOM' RESTARTing but most of a time its just BSoD.. but hey, did you check your MOBO chipset temp?
mine i guess its start randoming when i use my pc on rendering and gaming a years ago.. maybe some of the CAPS broken down somewhere in the 'north bridge'.

now,i just pick the 'ganging mode(instead not 'ganged by default bios) for the RAMs and its 'ok' for now. i also changes thermal PAD on both NB and SB.. oh,and the 'mini' system fan also
TechLord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TechLord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 10:45pm
Hi,

I am experiencing random reboots, even while light browsing.
PC Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
MB: Asrock B550M Pro4
2x8 GB Patriot Viper 3200 Mhz on XMP
SSD1 - 256 GB Kingston A2000 PCIe X3 - on the CPU lanes
SSD2 - 512 GB Kingston A2000 PCIe X3 - on the chipset lanes
GPU - GTX 1660 Super
PSU - 650W Corsair CX650F

This has been very stable for 6 months, working flawlessly.

Then I managed to snag an RTX 3060 TI. Minutes after installing it my PC started to reboot at random times, even while doing light tasks. After reading the forums and played a little in BIOS I found the solution: manually selecting PCIe X3 in BIOS for the PCIe mode. With this setting the PC is completely stable. Switching back to Auto in BIOS makes it PCIeX4 and the reboots start.

I saw many people complaining on the forums related to PCIe X4 stability and RTX cards. Asrock support is very "useful" suggesting I swap PSUs, CPUs, memory, reinstall everything...

Is anyone else having issues with RTX cards? I'm considering selling the MB and trying another vendor...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic