ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Fatal1ty won't boot code 07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblackmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:59pm
Will do. I have the RMA process initiated with AMD. I figured that if they replace the chip, I'll try it in the RMA MB. If it doesn't work, I'll send both to ASrock.
jblackmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblackmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 8:48pm
Update: I received the replacement CPU from AMD. Brand new apparently. The seals on the box were not broken. Anyway, now everything works fine.

My take home from this experience regarding the error code 07, or I would imagine any other RAM related code, is that there is a possibility that the issue may be with the CPU rather than the MB, as this type of CPU as well as some of the other new ones, control RAM function. And so a RAM error code could certainly come from it if it fails, as well as from the RAM itself or the MB itself.

Now I'll get the MB into a hew rig and go from there. Wish me luck. I think the worst is behind me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic