ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini X300 RAM Compatibility

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robertvlogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini X300 RAM Compatibility
    Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 1:17pm
Hello, forums!

I am new to this and I would like to know if the ram I am trying to purchase will be compatible with my incoming Deskmini x300. Send Help!

The APU I have is an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G from my old system. I will transfer it to X300 when it arrived. Now I don't have so-dimm rams. The current ram I have in my old system is 2x8GB 3200mhz DIMM. Now I saw some Facebook listing with Samsung M471A1K43DB1-CWE 8gb 3200mhz DDR4 and planning to buy 2pcs but will that work with my 3400G? I am also planning to upgrade to 5600g when prices go down.

I did some research, checked the website for Memory compatibility but this particular Samsung model was not listed there. Do I really need to purchase a ram that is specifically listed or if it says it can take 8gb ddr4 3200mhz is any brand and any model will be fine?

Here is exactly what was posted on Facebook.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 5:41pm
Dear Robertvlogs,

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Regarding your question, we do not have the same SODIMMs in our lab, thus we are not able to confirm for you.

We also searched for a bit about the Samsung M471A1K43DB1-CWE, however, we couldn't find any information that is Deskmini X300 related.

It is recommended to check with the memory vendor to see if such a memory module can work with the Deskmini X300.

Otherwise, using the modules from the support list is always recommended.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 06 Sep 2021 at 5:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic