ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help!! Z590 Velocita will not boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCT123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help!! Z590 Velocita will not boot
    Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:36pm
I just built a new desktop with the following components and am having much difficulty getting it running:

Motherboard: Asrock z59 Velocita
CPU: Intel i9-11900k 11th gen, Rocket Lake
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64GB (4x16) CMW64GX4M4D3600C18
Primary Drive for O.S.: M.2 slot 1, WD_BLACK 2TB SN850 NVMe WDS200T1X0E
Secondary Storage Drive: M.2 slot 2, Corsair MP600 Core M.2 4TB PCIe Gen 4.0 x4
GPU MSI Geforece RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio 8G LHR

After putting everything together, it would not boot into bios. I then removed the GPU and secondary M.2 drive. Still would not boot. I then removed all but one stick of RAM, and was eventually able to boot into bios. Then I was able to install Windows 10 onto the 2TB M.2 in slot 1. Next I installed all the drivers on the Asrock disk. Then I shut down installed all the other RAM, and everything was still working. Then installed the GPU and secondary M.2.. and will not boot. I again removed all but 1 RAM module, rest CMOS and will not boot into BIOS. I,m connected to the integrated graphics via display port.
    Xaltar View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 12:27am
    What PSU are you using?
    RCT123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCT123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 12:44am
    The PSU is Corsair CX750F RGB. But no matter at this point. I spent the last day and a half resetting cmos, attempting to reboot, moved RAM in various dimm locations in different configurations...etc. I have built the last five or six computers I've owned, this time decided to give ASROCK a try but never again and I have never experienced a motherboard so finicky. I just packaged it pack up and I'm sending it back.
    Xaltar View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 1:44am
    Sorry to hear that, there is nothing more annoying than new hardware not playing
    nice.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to go with instead.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic