ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 5600g iGPU dedicated ram problem on asrock b450m p
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

5600g iGPU dedicated ram problem on asrock b450m p

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5600g iGPU dedicated ram problem on asrock b450m p
    Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 7:27am
Hi guys,

i just bought a ryzen 5600g to pair with my asrock b450m pro4 (updated to the latest BIOS version P5.20) and 16gb of 3200mhz ram.

Unfortunately i'm experiencing problems with the allocation of dedicated memory for the iGPU.

The amount of gpu dedicated memory is 512 MB (verified with cpuZ, gpuZ, HWinfo, Task Manager and also in some games like Resident evil 3 remake) and i cannot manage to change this value from BIOS.

This is what i have done to change the value from BIOS:

From the boot section i disabled the CSM (compatibility support module)

Then in the advanced tab -> pci configuration i enabled "Above 4G Decoding" and "Re-Size BAR Support"

Then in the advanced tab -> Onboard Device Configuration i have changed the "UMA Frame buffer Size". I tried to set the value to 2 or 4 GB but once i arrive in windows the dedicated gpu memory is always 512 MB.

When i re-enter the BIOS the value remain as i have set them, they DO NOT revert back to default, but they don't get applied in practice.

after changing the values i have tried to re-enable the CSM, enableing it greys out the "above 4g decoding" option (but it stays enabled as i have set it). doing this doesn't change anything however once i arrive in windows.

There is also a secondary problem: if i try to overclock the igpu from BIOS (from 1900 mhz to 2000 mhz for example) the situation is the same, once i arrive in windows the frequency is still 1900 mhz and if i return to the bios the settings are still there at 2000 mhz. If i use Ryzen Master i am able to overclock the iGPU and the settings are effectively applied.

Every other setting like CPU and ram overclocking work just fine from the BIOS. I don't know what to do, the dedicated memory stuff really bothers me and i think handicaps my gaming performance significantly.

Thanks in advance for every help i will get and sorry for my bad english
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic