ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock X470D4U after update to BMC 03.02.00 IPMI G
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X470D4U after update to BMC 03.02.00 IPMI G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
poldi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poldi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X470D4U after update to BMC 03.02.00 IPMI G
    Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 7:05am
Hi,
actually i fixed it already.
You can flash the BMC again using a DOS boot USB with socflash.exe.
The process and the download location you can find here[URL=https://www.asrockrack.com/support/faq.asp?id=40 ][/URL].
I flashed first 2.20 and afterwards also flashed 3.02 in this way. Both worked without issues but all settings go back to default.
So my BMC is up and running again.
cij View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 3:22am
Hello Asrock, can you please answer here? This is a critical issue for some customers!!!
Hinata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hinata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2021 at 9:45am
Hi,
I have exactly the same issue after a flash the BMC
I am lock out from the server now [:^(]
Did asrock test the FW before upload..... [:V:]
poldi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poldi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 3:25am
Hi,
I have exactly the same issue after a tried to flash the BMC of my X470D4U yesterday.
I can ping the Ip address but the web interface is not available anymore.
I have opened a support case with ASRock and am waiting for a reply.
Did you get any further with restoring the BMC to working condition?
Regards, Poldi
cij View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cij Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 6:41pm
Hello,

I run 3 Asrock X470D4U boards since one year without any issues. Yesterday I have replaced on one server an existing R9 3900X with an new R9 5950X, before I have replaced the CPU, I have updated the BIOS to version 4.20 to make the board fit for the generation 5 ryzen processors and also the BMC version to 03.02.00 in retrospect, that was a huge mistake. The update process is proceed without any issue, I have see the message afte rflashing -> please wait some minutes and reload the page to login. After a couple of minutes I have relaod the page and get the message connection refused, I can ping the IP address of IPMI but the gui is not loading. I have also try to reset the BMC configuration over the BIOS, without any help. The new CPU is running well but wihtout the IPMI managemt is that really bad when there is a mistake. Is there a way existing to flash back to old version or get the IPMI again running?

Thank you very much!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic